“Great Eastern NC BBQ”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Salem, New Hampshire
“Great Eastern NC BBQ”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Parker's is an experience that everyone who has ever been there wants to return to! Locals return time and time again. Those of us that grew up there make it a must to stop in when we return. And visitors who are taken there crave to visit again when they come back to Greenville.

• Visited December 2013

Winterville, North Carolina
“Love me some Parkers . . . . . . .”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Great bbq and sides! Great service and prices. Love the Brunswick Stew. They also have seafood and the hushpuppies are the best in town!!! And if you love bbq chicken, theirs has a sweet red sauce. But my favorite is the bbq sandwich with slaw with a side of fries, some kind of good!

• Visited August 2013
“Don't get better than this”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Traditional eastern style BBQ. Definitely local place where true southerners eat. Don't expect anything fancy...just good food

• Visited September 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You would be better eating dog/cat food!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was told you can't come to Greenville and not stop at Parkers BBQ....they lied. The food was tasteless. The shredded BBQ looked more like cat food. The BBQ chicken was broiled then had sauce poured over the top. It was obvious the green beans were of the canned variety. The hushpuppies had absolutely no seasoning not even pepper same goes for the mac n cheese. They were utterly tasteless! Was also served something called a "corn stick" but again it was tasteless and I couldnt find any corn inside.

Worst of all at checkout is when we were told that they do no accept any type of check card only cash or CHECK. In this day and age who doesnt accept credit cards and why is there no signage stating this fact. We were pointed towards the ATM machine located at the front door, which comes with a $1 usage fee...great but my bank charges $5. So in total you would have me pay $16 for food that taste worst than something I could have gotten at a fast food restuarant. Funny thing when asked our waiter informed us that neither herself or her family eats there because the food is of such low quality. If your own wait staff refuses to eat your food, why would I! This leads me to wonder exactly what she witnesses in the kitchen. I left Parker's sick to my stomach and pissed off at the poor quality of food.

Only upside: waiteress was friendly.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Cia H
hunterdon county
“Greenville - eat where the locals do !”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

What a blast - nothing like it unless you go to Chandlers in Knoxville Tn. Parkers is great! Where else can you order home cooked bad for your heart good ole grandma cooking without feeling bad ?""No where but here"" ( and Chandlers in TN) The ladies behind the counter were fun and I told them to surprise me with my side orders ( that come with the meal ) and they picked a great choice.4 of us came for a visit because everyone said we had to go ! Wonderful and our meal was super ,hot and fresh! Packed with locals so you know its good. Hot sauce and BBQ on tables.
Real charm!! Stuffed all day long and the prices were great! We will make this a permanent stop while visiting the ECU Pirates!!!Forget all the other chains on the Blvd ,get over to Parkers!!!
Wish they sold postcards!!!

• Visited August 2013