“Farm to table is awesome”
Review of Starlight Cafe

Starlight Cafe
Ranked #17 of 280 Restaurants in Greenville
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I do love Starlight, I think it's the best fine dining in Greenville. Fresh food, and the service is almost always excellent. the prices, for the quality, are wonderful and the selection is reasonably broad, although sometimes I wish they had something else on the menu (though I admittedly do not know exactly what .... sometimes their offerings just don't appeal to me in terms of ingredients).

The salads are, in my estimation, the very best thing they make. That and the cocktails which are mighty potent!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We ate here the night of homecoming so as you can imagine it was pretty empty. That didn't stop them from providing excellent service or very decent food. We started with the tapas which though a little uneven (the eggplant was a little undercooked, the sauce a little too close to pasta sauce, but the fresh arugula, salami and tomato crostini more than made up for it), were a perfectly fine starter. We also ordered their margarita of the evening which was a tangerine variety with freshly squeezed juice. I got the shrimp and grits with local bacon and mushrooms and my friend ordered the farfalle. Both were very good. The best part though was the flourless chocolate mousse with home made peanut ice cream topped with a honey salted caramel sauce. Dinner for two with drinks, tip and tax (a generous tip) was $120.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great food! Absolutely recommend the fried oysters. Everything tastes fresh and delicious. **BEWARE** When spliting the bill, even between two people, they atuomatically add gratuity (16%?). Not only is this done automatically, but they do not inform you that this will be happenning. I imagine most people don't think to look at the reciept they are signing because they have already look so these waiters and waitresses are making an average of 36% off of every meal that is split. This is shady and deceitful. BE AWARE!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We love to have Sunday brunch at the Starlight. The food is delicious. My husband's favorite is the Eggs Benedict. I usually order the featured dish. The service is friendly and attentive. Dinner is expensive so we save it for special occasions. The brunch is more reasonably priced. It is a romantic, upscale restaurant. Starlight is one of the best restaurants in town. They make their own ice cream, you must try it!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I love the fresh ingredients that go into everything from the daily drink specials, to the soup, to the salads, to everything on the menu. The beef comes from a nearby farm, and when you eat a steak or the hamburgers, you can tell. One of their specialties is shrimp and grits, and it is delightful. The tomato basil salad dressing is out of this world. The meal will not be cheap, but it will be a pleasure for your senses.