“Great bed, terrible shower” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Greenville

Candlewood Suites Greenville
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Greenville
Concord,nc
“Great bed, terrible shower”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Bad checkin experience, but I will give a pass as they were training a new person. The room was very spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable with great pillows as well. I am not sure if the showerhead in my room is indicative of all others, but it was terrible. I am sure it is a watersaver showerhead, but the flow was terrible. If you are looking for an invigorating shower, you won't find it here. This hotel is off the main road, so no traffic noise to deal with. There is no free breakfast, but I knew that going in.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
fow, Owner at Candlewood Suites Greenville, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
We have been working with the City of Greenville to help us with the water pressure. The guest was correct about the water saving shower head, a requirement of construction. We have recently changed our shower heads. The new shower head is designed for situations of low water pressure ands allows for a much higher flow. We have had very good response from our guests during the month of May when we started changing out the heads. Please stay with us again and let us know if we have solved the problem to your satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I wanted to surprise my husband with a Valentine get away night away from the kids. I contacted the hotel to ask a question and Lynn, the GM, offered to help in any way she could. When my husband and I walked in our room, it was decorated beautifully with rose petals, chocolates, beer and water!!! I was totally shocked and very very pleased!!! The front desk was extra nice as well. We will definitely visit you again!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was there for a conference. There was an excellent work table, a full kitchen, luxurious and comfortable bedding, a well-equipped workout room, and even a barbecue grill out back! They had everything I could want in a hotel, and at a very reasonable price compared to others in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank suespitts
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

....but that's about it. Nothing special. Room was small and pretty dark. Bed and bedding were comfortable - very soft. Shower pressure was awful - just a drizzle. I also don't like the Candlewood practice of not cleaning the rooms daily. Homewood Suites is a similar style, but their rooms are still cleaned daily. Part of the pleasure of staying in a hotel is having someone else clean up for you, fresh towels and sheets, etc. That doesn't happen here.
Still, it was quiet and clean and available when we needed it. So would we stay again? Maybe --- if our regular favorites weren't available.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank VacationMama08
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

We had a situation where Hotels.com double booked our stay. Joanie the desk clerk took upon herself to correct the mistake with hotels.com. Her professionalism was exceptional in correcting the problem while always having a Smile on her face. Joanie is a great asset to Candlewood Suites. Jim

Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Jim T
Morrisville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I'm a distance ed student at ECU, and I come here for an overnight stay maybe twice a year. This is where I've stayed for my last three trips. My room was definitely clean. However, I did have some neighbors who kept their TV inappropriately loud at 1:00 AM. I was just short of calling the front desk to report them when they turned their TV off. The lack of a regular breakfast doesn't bother me at all. This location isn't the most convenient to ECU's central campus, but it works.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank phm3
fow, Owner at Candlewood Suites Greenville, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for being a valued guest at the Candlewood Suites. Please feel free to notify the front desk anytime you are disturbed by by an adjacent guest or have a problem of any type. We want you to be comfortable and enjoy your visit to our hotel.
Lewisville, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this property the first week of June 2012. We were in the area to visit my sister and her family. My nephew was going through chemo . We were satisfied with the 1 bedroom suite we stayed in. We were traveling with our mini dachshund that weighs about 13 pounds. During our stay, when approximately 4 feet away from our door, a guest across the hall opened his door with his dog. He dropped the leash and his dog (approximately 40 pounds) attacked our dog. It was so scary; I could not even see our dog. My husband had to pull his dog off our dog and all we could hear was her crying. The other guest had his dog on a retractable leash. The other guest went down to the front desk and said our dog attacked his dog. How amazing that a 13 pound dog would be capable of attacking a 40 pound dog! I also went down to talk to them and mentioned the type of leash that he was using because you have no control with those types of leashes. The staff never apologized or talked to them about the leash. I was so glad to get out of there. I never let my dog walk inside by herself again during our stay.

We went back to this property on August 24th and checked out on August 30th. The trip was to attend my nephew's funeral. I made the reservation through the central number. I am a platinum member of priority club which entitles me to a free upgrade. The reservationist stated that I should not have a problem getting a one bedroom using the upgrade but to call a day prior to check-in. When I called, I was first told that they did not have any 1 bedrooms available because there was a football game at the university that weekend. I knew that wasn't true because my brother is an alumni member goes to all the home games and that there wasn't a games until labor day weekend. They told me that some people would be checking in early. We were leaving on Thursday and they stuck by their story. I asked my brother if people would be checking in that early and he said no. They then put me through to the manager and she stated that they do not allow pets in their 1 bedrooms. This is not stated on their website. I explained that I would be staying for a week and that the reason for the stay was for a funeral. She said they were under new management and couldn't allow it. I called guest services at priority club and was told that they should have updated their web page if that is their rules.

I could have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express with my pets which would have been a lot closer to my sister and would have had the same amount of space. I will not be staying at this property again. They should state on their web page that pets are only allowed in their regular rooms that way people traveling with pets are not deceived.

Room Tip: Pets not truly allowed.