“Nice, New, No Frills”

Candlewood Suites Greenville
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This was a stopover on the way to the beach. Were not looking for much. The rooms were nice, well stocked, almost weekly stay type rooms. Staff were nice, everything worked. But the main thing is we left a bag full of Rx Medications, called to let them know and when we came back through about 10 days later they had them ready for us and nothing was missing. Pretty amazing. Big medical center close, several restaurants. Overall nice experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again next year on your way to the beach.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

When my new employer offered to put me up for the first month of my relocation, I was very worried the digs would be less than great... enter Candlewood suites. Upon check-in they didn't have a record of my direct bill, but the staff was very helpful and explained I shouldn't worry about it, that it was their oversight and they would handle everything.

The check-in lady was extremely helpful, knowing I was new to the South- and let me know if there was anything she or anyone else on staff could do the help my transition be more smooth, not to hesitate to ask. (free washers and dryers too!)

The room was spotless, with granite countertops in kitchen and bath, nice furnature, soft sheets and pillows, and a nice flat screen TV. Only complaint is the TV is bolted to the dresser and I could not move it forward to hide stuff like my printer behind it... no big.

I have very much enjoyed the gas grill out on the patio, and spending a bit of time every once in a while with other travelers out there. On the weekends there is always a few folks either using the char or gas grill, and enjoying a beer while they do it. Great chance to keep from going crazy when you are all alone for a month. They also have a great little store inside that has free coffee and a bunch of other very reasonably priced items- eggs, cereal, sodas, microwave and packaged meals.

In closing I will simply add that the staff has been a great asset to me in the past several weeks. I have spent time sitting in the lobby in front of the desk watching the big screen and chatting about the south, Greenville, and attached cities. I have learned more here from the staff about the area, restaurants and local events than I have at work. When I had a small problem with my door key, the maintenance man that came over to fix it was such a gentleman and so helpful, it was like he was sent over from central casting. All in all a really great experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bed in it and you will do fine. :-)
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

You are so kind. I wish we had a hotel full of Guest like you. You are what makes our jobs rewarding.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

My company stayed here for 2 months ant the stay was great.We had a total of 8 rooms and they were all very clean and comfortable.This was like a home away from home for all my guys.Great people,great fun and overall nice place.

Room Tip: My guys had there familys come stay with them and they were able to accomidate them to larger rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for choosing us for your business accommodations. You and your employees were a pleasure to serve. You are welcome back anytime.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Located in the medical district of Greenville, NC, this hotel is a great place to centralize your activities. Whether visiting a friend/family member or just sightseeing around Greenville, this is the place to stay. There are restaurants nearby if you don't want to make use of the full kitchen in your room. They maintain a cupboard for any food or supplies that you might need. There is also a small fitness center that is quite convenient. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend staying at this Candlewood.

Room Tip: I recommend ground floor on back side. That gives you the convenience of the cupboard, fitness cent...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
fow, Owner at Candlewood Suites Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Thank you so much. There is no better reward than to know we have a satisfied guest.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

The service provided by Cynthia Jones when we thought we had left a dress at the hotel could not have been better. She went above and beyond the call of duty to check for our missing item. She also followed it up with a phone call..

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Stayed here for an extended time last year and back again in 2012. Will not stay going forward. The entire staff has turned over and the new staff has either no training or no hospitality experience. My reservation was made through a corporate rate and no one knew how to assure it was direct billed. The reservations were incorrect and I had to pay extra to get a room on a higher floor even though they were not full. I am also a Premier member and no one recognized this nor read my profile. Noticed that the walls in my room were patched up and scuffed, carpets frayed, bedspread rough and the heating element sounded like a train and therefore I could not use it. Thankfully it was a warm week. The hotel really needs to train their employees and perhaps it's time for a makeover. After comparing my story with a colleague, she admitted to having the same issues. Just a little tender loving care would help.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Donna R
fow, Owner at Candlewood Suites Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

I sincerely apologize for your recent bad experience at our hotel. The hotel being only three years old, I don’t know how you could have been placed in a room that should have been out of order. During January we consistently had forty five rooms of various types available and our extended stay rates are well documented on the internet. We would never overcharge any guest and especially a valued guest like you that has stayed with us many times in the past. Several recent reviewers have expressed concerns over turnover among our Guest Service Representatives. We are proud to say we will give good employee recommendations for our valued employees in order to assist them in efforts to improve their careers. Three recent employees secured positions as a teacher with the Pitt County Schools, a local telephone call center representative and an executive secretary with a local engineering and contracting firm. Two of these employees have worked part time with us to assist in training our new Guest Service Representatives. We ask our Guests to be patient while we train our new employees.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Located just off the Ring road around Greenville, this Candlewood suites was convenient to ECU as well as travellers just breaking their trip overnight. The Candlewood suites are generally geared toward long stay guests and as such do not provide the same level of housekeeping and maid servicethat you would find in a traditional hotel. That is not a problem for us, especially since free laundry facilities and the full kitchenette in the suite makes this convenient for the family looking to spend a few days in one place.

The staff were friendly, all the facilities functioned and check in and check out were standard as with any of the Priority Club associated properties. This chain will not wow you with luxury, but for clean, modern and convenient requirements it serves well.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family