“Nice Hotel in Greenville”

Courtyard Greenville
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stayed at this Courtyard by Marriott on my recent trip to ECU. This was my first time at a Courtyard, but I have stayed at other Marriott properties before. I was very pleasantly surprised by how nice this hotel was! The hotel had been newly renovated and was clean. I was very impressed by the bathroom shower. The shower was very cleverly designed in that the water control handle is on the opposite side of the shower from the shower head. While you are trying to adjust your water to your desired temperature, you do not have to worry about getting splashed with scalding hot or frigid cold water. The floors were a little noisy in that I heard the person on the floor above me walking around. I would recommend this hotel to others. I will definitely be staying here again on future trips to the ECU campus!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank travel12335

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at many hotels with my job, and I'd have to rate this one as middle of the road. It was clean, room layout was decent, and the air conditioning was good. Only some small issues to note. The TV was grainy when the light was on (too many wires together), pillows were good and beaten to a soft lump of nothing, and the shower. .. that deserves it's own sentence. The shower was hard to get to a warm setting due to a weird handle. It had varying water pressure and would not come off the tub faucet fully. That and it made some great loud train whistle noises. Not the best part of the stay. Otherwise not a bad hotel, and I would honestly stay here again for the price. Just not what I've come to expect from a Marriott

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank mpr0317
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Myself and 3 other colleagues stayed at the Courtyard in Greenville, NC during the month of March 2014. The staff was incredibly nice! Every single person, from clerk to janitor, had at the very least a hello to say to us. The lobby is roomy, and they have a small restaurant. The rooms were spacious and updated. I recommend this, it's unclear to me how this is so low on the list for Greenville, NC. It's close to restaurants and the hospital -- though you couldn't really tell. It was quiet, and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
6  Thank Isabel O
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I got in late so I didn't really experience many of the amenities. All I was looking for was a comfortable bed and a quiet room, and that's what I got. My room was in the back of the hotel away from the adjacent hospital so I never heard any noise. The internet was fast and free. If I were spending more time in town, I would have stayed by the convention center, which has more restaurants nearby. But if you were visiting the hospital or any of the nearby medical facilities, the courtyard is a good choice.

Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank MLNC
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is not the newest Courtyard hotel and the location--directly across a highway from a busy hospital and emergency room--is not the most scenic. Still, it is clean and well-maintained, the staff is friendly, and my room was fairly quiet, despite the hotel having quite a few guests, if the number of cars in the parking lot was any indication. I was concerned that I would be kept up all night by the sound of ambulances at the hospital, but I do not recall even hearing one.

Room Tip: Request a room on the side of the hotel furthest from the hospital to avoid being disturbed by the s...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 324matthewg
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel for a business trip. Hotel was average at best. Room quality was fair to poor. Room heater was noisy, deadbolt lock did not work, room safe locked up on me, low water pressure in bathroom faucet, and the iron stopped working on me. They promptly replaced the iron and opened the room safe on me. My biggest gripe was that the bistro could not handle the customer demand one night when most of the hotel guests did not want to go out due to bad weather and icy roads. There were long lines for food, I saw people waiting 15 to 20 minutes for orders. There was a lot of wasted motion behind the counter, I saw very little in the way of orders being taken and food being served. I finally gave up after waiting 40 minutes to place an order. During this time, I saw no orders taken and only two tables getting food. It is a shame and disappointing they could not handle the customer demand that day.
Overall I expect better from Courtyard by Marriott.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank IrishKNewJersey
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I travel a lot for business, and pleasure. I am in hotels about 100 nights per year. I am probably spoiled by SPG program, but this Courtyard give you nothing for being Gold Level. Was told I could up grade to 2 queen beds for an upcharge. SPG upgrades me when rooms are available.

Also they chose to paint the indoor pool on one of the coldest days of the year. No only did they have to close the hot tub which would have been nice to visit on such a cold day, but they painted the pool with inadequate ventilation. The chemical smell permeated the entire hotel even my room on the 3rd floor. Seems they could have painted the pool in the spring or fall when they could have properly ventilated the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank scott1donaldson
Madison H, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

We are very sorry to hear that your experience at our property was more than unsatisfactory. At the Courtyard, we strive to provide our guests with a comfortable, reliable and unique stay. We have addressed the issues with the pool renovation and the lack of proper reward member treatment with the managers and staff involved. We also understand how frustrating your experience was, and understand the magnitude of the situation. We value you as our guest and appreciate any and all feedback that we recieve, thank you so much for your business and please call me directly and I will make your reservation for your next stay and ensure you're expectations and needs are met.

Hospitably,