“Bad Experience”
Review of Hilton Greenville

Hilton Greenville
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Hotel room in dire need of an update. Furniture scratched and bedspread had a old/nasty appearance. My husband and I were approached in the parking lot at 11:00 pm by a vagrant demanding money. When he was told we only had a credit card, he strongly suggested we use a nearby ATM and pointed us in the direction. We again said no and continued on. We reported the man to security at the hotel next door (we saw no security personnel at the Hilton) who was familiar with the person we described. This indicated to me that this man and his behavior are known to the area. I was afraid to go outside alone after this incident.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lori M
There are newer reviews for Hilton Greenville

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Front desk clerk was super low energy and she did not acknowledge my HH membership (diamond). Hey, it's a loyalty program! I don't "have to" stay at Hilton. So is a measly "thanks for being an HH member" too much to ask for? But wait - when I asked about room upgrade availability the clerk said no before I finished asking the question. Seems to be a pattern developing here...see review by Brett B.
I stayed here about a year ago and this time I noticed some of the public spaces have been refreshed. The room was as it should be, clean and comfortable. The free full breakfast, for diamond membership, was a nice touch - thanks.
Bottom line, Hampton Inn doesn't have upgrades for HH members but they NEVER miss thanking me for my loyalty aka spending my MONEY with them. There's a new looking Hampton Inn next to this hotel - I'll stay there next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TroyGuy50
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My stay at Hilton Hotels is always excellent weather its for business or pleasure. Hilton is the only brand of hotels I use, and the Hilton honors is amazing with the services and rewards they offer. Thanks Hilton, im a member for life.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I have stayed with Hilton across the world and I am a diamond member with them. When we checked it the guy at the front desk was nice but they claim to upgrade rooms for diamond members and it wasn't done. They put me in a small room. The following morning as I went to take a shower there was no hot water and little water pressure at all. I called down to the front desk to inquire if something was wrong throughout the hotel and the girl at the front desk told me "well yeah we are doing maintenance". I asked about what maintenance and she told me I should have received a letter about it when I checked in. I told her that nobody informed me and that I didn't receive a letter. I then went downstairs to speak with a manager and first had to deal with the female that I previously spoke with on the phone. She asked who checked me in and after I told her that I didn't remember their name but they were a male, she told me that I was wrong and no male worked the night before. After being questioned by the girl at the front desk who was extremely rude and unprofessional I was told she would get the General Manager. Instead some lady named Sherrie came out and asked me how she could help. At this time another guest came down to express his frustration also about the water. Sherrie stood their, helpless, and just kept saying that she was sorry but there was nothing that she could do. I asked her about a sign to inform guests and she said "that's a good idea". She then asked me if I wanted breakfast, which was already included and I kindly reminded her of that. She then said she would credit my account some points. I was staying with points and money and all she did was credit the amount that I had used to stay there, no extra for the horrible service and inconvenience they had caused. Don't stay at this hotel as there are much better hotels with well trained staff in the area.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Brett B
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Blew into town and needed to a place to set up so I could do some office work. Friendly greeting in the lobby, was upgraded without having to ask. Internet service was great, food and a great workout facility.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Stephen W
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The Hilton Greenville is a great place to stay! The front desk staff are all very nice and helpful! Stay here when you visit town! Breakfast was great too! The rest of the staff was very friendly as well!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was typical convention hotel for a small city. The customer service was ok. A little disappointed with waiting on the airport shuttle for 35 mins and then waiting for a room at 3 pm for 45mins. However, the front desk staff tried to make up with snacks and pleasant attitude the rest of the stay. The Restaurant dinner and breakfast was good.Overall, it was clean and a nice stay.

• Stayed: November 2013