“Nice Hotel- Great Pool Area”
Review of Hilton Greenville

Hilton Greenville
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Fayetteville
“Nice Hotel- Great Pool Area”
Reviewed June 18, 2011

I stayed with young children and we highly enjoyed the nice pool area! Although the pool is slightly small for a hotel of that size, its serenely lit at night and provides an additional heated spa/jacuzzi pool. Great breakfast buffet and the hotel staff were nice and accommodating. The double rooms are slightly smaller than expected but the beds sleep well and the channel selections were very adequate for small children. Beautiful lobby and bar area and the hotel is very close to shopping and lots of restaurants. Just a note that when traveling with kids, all the kids had to pay full price for the breakfast buffet, which I disagree with, as I think half-price for children under a certain age would be very appropriate. Overall, nice stay and would recommend to others

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Niles, Ohio
Reviewed December 30, 2010

I found a 3 day package deal on Expedia for this hotel which fit my budget nicely. The hotel is clean and the staff very friendly. Had a little trouble with the room card-keys having to be reset a couple of times but that is my only complaint. The location of the hotel is great as far as being close to the hub of Greenville activities.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Minnesota
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Stayed here for a night. This property is a farily nondescript, older Hilton. Common areas and bar/restaurant were very dark, not very inviting. Room was basic, fine. Room service was prompt, decent steak, but fairly pricey. Breakfast was thrown in, very average as others have mentioned. Hotel is next to the convention center. Free wifi. Small fitness center, small outdoor pool and hot tub. Nothing really wrong, but no real reason to return either.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
North Carolina
Reviewed June 8, 2010

The hotel was clean, our room was ready when we arrived. Had breakfast at the hotel - only do this if you have a free breakfast pass. Breakfast was $30 for a buffet breakfast with soggy eggs. Waiter brought first cup of coffee but never came back again. This is a big thing to me and therefore we did not tip him. Hint to all servers out there.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Tarkle
Washington, DC
Reviewed June 7, 2010

My husband, daughter and I stayed at the Hilton in Greenville following wonderful stayat the Marriott Grande Vista in Orlando. We had reservations for 3 nights through Expedia and for one night through the Hilton (because for some reason Expedia would not permit me to make another reservation for one night after I realized a mistake I had made). Anyway, the first night was not to have been an issue. The issue came with my Expedia reserves. The Expedia itinerary clearly stated that my rooms (2 of them) came with a full breakfast. From the beginning, the gentleman checking us in denied that we had these arrangements. Thus, I brought my laptop down once we had checked in and let him see the itinerary. He was pleasant enough and agreed that I was correct and that the Hilton would have to honor it.

The next morning my husband and I went down to make sure everything was in order for our Expedia reservation and to make sure there was nothing else needed from us. The reservation clerk assured us that everything was in order. Then I asked about breakfast with the rooms and looking at the record she insisted that there was no allowance for breakfast. I then asked her for an email address so that I or Expedia could send her the itinerary. She let me into the office where I extracted the itinerary in my email account for proving my point.

A manager took over at this point, insisting that Expedia had no right to do this and went on about how this was not possible. She told me that I needed to talk to Expedia. She did apologize and I did say it is not your fault but I felt that as a guest I should not have been caught between the hotel and a broker that they allowed to reserve their rooms.

However, I did call Expedia because I felt like 1) I paid for something that I was not getting and 2) I knew that I was being up front and honest about the situation -- everyone is not dishonest.

Several hours later the hotel manager called to say that breakfast was included for Saturday and Sunday. I asked about Monday and was informed that no buffet would be served on Monday and ordering from the menu would cost us. Recalling that Expedia's terms were "subject to availability" I thanked the manager after she told me where to pick up the tickets.

We left our rooms for several hours. Upon returning, my key would not work in my door. Our daughter's key did work so using her phone, we called the front desk by hitting the key that said "Front Desk." The same reservation clerk that I had spoken to that morning answered and I informed her of the situation. Her reply was that we had not checked in. I told her that this was the reason my husband and I visited her earlier. So I asked what did I need to do. She explained that she could com up and bring everything with her but since I had no credit card on file for incidentals that I would need to provide that. In that case, if she came to me then it would take several back and fortth trips to resolve the issue. I agreed to come down. Here again, I was being treated as a dishonest person and I did not appreciate that. I went down provided my American Express Card, signed the papers that I had come down earlier to take care of and obtained new keys for my rooms. The reservation clerk, instead of apologizngfor the misundertanding (was not one but I would have accepted that), began to tell me that we came down to resolve the breakfast issue and we did not talk about registering.

OK, I am feeling my angst because why would the clerk even talk to me about the breakfast that came with the rooms that I was now registering for if there was an issue with the registration. But, I thanked her and returned to my rooms.

My keys worked fine, however, our daughter received a key that did not work. Using the phone in our room, she pressed "Front Desk" and it rang busy. It had not done this earlier in the day or the previous day. Using her good key, she called down to the desk from her room phone, again pressing ""Front Desk"". She inforned the reservation clerk of the situation and explained that our phone was not working properly.

Moments later a maintenance man came with a new set of keys for our daughter and checked the phone and left it in working order.

Later, upon readking the tickets for breakfast that I had picked up from the front desk after registering, I noticed that the tickets were for a continental breakfast and I wanted clarification. Thus I picked up the receiver and pressed "Front Desk" and got a busy signal.

OK, now I have had it. I pulled out my cell phone and called the hotel. The maintenance man was sent again and he said that the phone was working. Upon further inquiry we learned that he was pressing the 0 (zero) key to get the desk. He explained that the "Front Desk" key had not been programmed. OK, I am not calling the gentleman a liar but let's just say the key had worked earlier for me and the day before. However, more importantly, since you have this 5-star hotel with phones having certain clearly marked capabilities that do not work, would it not be in your best interest to explain to your guests how to use the phone to reach the front desk?

By now I was just totally through with the office staff. I was involved in a debate with a broker that they allow to reserve rooms for them, treated like a thief or a liar, inconvenienced several times and everything except treated like I was the guest. I know this is not what Conrad had intended.

We had stayed at the Hilton in Greenville several times prior to this trip. This last stay, however, was our last stay at this hotel. Somebody threw "customer service excellence" out of the window before we got to the Hilton in Greenville and though I will always stand my ground when I know that I am right, I will not subject my family to such abuse.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank jwilli7150
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed April 25, 2010

We arrived an hour before check in and the room was not ready so we left and returned after the check-in time. The room was still not ready so they upgraded us! The room was very well appointed and spotlessly clean. It was very quite. The staff was very courteous and polite. I would definately stay here again. My only complaint was the food service was over priced and the gift shop was very limited, including few beverages. The restaurant breakfast buffet was not that good and was too expensive. The evening restaurant was way over priced.

Great place to stay but go elsewhere for any meals.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank SCBlossom
Harrison , Arkansas
Reviewed February 28, 2010

This property was exceptional for its class. The rooms were some of the nicest Hilton rooms I have seen. Free wireless internet, comfortable chairs and great bed. Extremely clean and good temperature controls. Slight noise with heat coming on and off but otherwise very quiet.

Good restaurant on site and front desk extremely friendly and helpful. Limited gift shop.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo