“Cops, noise, bad A/C” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Goldsboro
Albany, NY
“Cops, noise, bad A/C”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2008

I will never stay at this place again! I felt unsafe and didn't get a good night's sleep due to the noise and the air conditioner. We had to shut that off due to a burning motor smell. We observed a police presence twice during the overnight stay we endured there. The room was dim due to low wattage bulbs. Stay at the EconoLodge across the street. I have stayed there in the past and they were much better all the way around!

• Liked — Checking out.
  • Disliked — Noise, malfuctioning air conditioner, police presence.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank CarolfromAlbany
ABVI_675_11, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Goldsboro, responded to this review, October 15, 2014
Thanks for your stay at Americas best value inn Goldsboro NC,sorry to hear that about your inconvinency of your stay at hotel.Please give us a oppotunity in future and we will definatly do our best serve for your stay.Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Elkridge, MD
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2007

Very small rooms, one double was completely against the wall the other was against the air conditioner so they were only accessable from one side, and no one wanted to sleep "on top" of the air vent.
Our first room had a nosy air conditioner, and we were switched without a problem, but the second rooms' air turned it's self off and on all night.
The staff was friendly, however there were a few mean notices printed at the front desk, such as "No refunds for any reason".
I reserved online and did save a few dollars but there are other hotels near this one that I would choose next time.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — small rooms, beds only accessable from one side each
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying at Americas best value inn Goldsboro NC.sorry to hear that for you uncomfortness at your stay at hotel.Please give us a opportunity for your future stay and we will do our best .We recently done some more renovated rooms.Thanks

Travelers are raving about these Goldsboro hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2005

Hi. I had great time at this motel. I went myself. When I came throught the doors a saw a male at the front desk. I guess he was a manager because he had a name tag on. Right when I got in he greeted me with a joyfull and caring tone. He was very nice. He helped me with my stuff. We had a little conversation about how he really likes to be their for the costumers.And in the conversation He said "It looks like you have a great nabhi." So I said to him "thank you for noticing my nabhi." After that, He comes from the back and shows me the way to my room.He then explanes all the things in the room. That just tells you that he is a caring person.

• Stayed August 2005
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your great Generosity and Thank you for staying and give give us opportunity to prove ourself.Appreciate.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2005

This Motel was THE best. of all motels I've been to, this one really felt like home. People were very nice to me. Even the manager did a lot of work around the motel. He was the "bomb". He even showed me my room and explained everything to me so prefectly. He really knows how to "satisfy" his costumers (in any way possible).

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thanks for your time for review and best compliments for Americas best value inn Goldsboro,nc.Looking forward to see you at your future stay.Thanks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2005

It was like living in the best place, you could go to it if you were very flexable.
the clerk was ok. he talked nice.

• Stayed January 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thanks for your review and best compliments for your stay.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2005

My husband and I had just gotten married. We were traveling to Jacksonville, NC. It was late and we decided to stop for the night. We saw the Best Value Inn from the highway so, decided to stop for the night there. First off checking in was an hassel. We wanted only one bed in the room and the girl said that was fine and she gave us our room key and we found that there were two very small beds in the room. So, we could not even sleep together. The bed was not the most comfortable thing to sleep in either. It was lumpy. We called the front office to see if we could move into a queen size bedroom. The girl at the desk said no. So we figured it was only one night. We would live. The next morning we got up to check out, we had to walk by the pool, (--). We told the day clerk about the fact that we did not get the room that we wanted. She was rude and did not care.

All in all this was the worst night I have ever had in a hotel. Please do yourself a favor and don't stay here.

• Stayed July 2004
13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thanks for staying at Americas best value inn.Its been while that you stay at hotel.Please give us opportunity to serve you better.Thanks