Americas Best Value Inn - Goldsboro
$98
$127
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed here only one night Aug 4, 2012. The one positive is the staff was very friendly and helpful, at the front desk. After that it was down hill. The first room we had smelled strongly of smoke, we asked for a non smoking room. We had to switch rooms. The room was small, dingy looking. The bathroom didn't look clean at all. I think the worst thing was when we pulled the covers back on the bed, the sheets were dirty and had blood stains on them....oh soooo GROSS!!! called the front desk and got new sheets, but the last thing I wanted to do is change sheets on a bed after traveling all day. I am so glad it was for only one night, because I was afraid to sleep on the bed because I wasn't too sure about how clean the covers and bed were. I would not recommend this place at all. I am sorry to leave such a bad review.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Barbara S
ABVI_675_11, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Goldsboro, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Barbara S,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. All complaints are taken seriously and will be investigated further. Recently, We have recently added new night stands, dressers, tables, headboards to our rooms. We hope these improvements will enhance the overall experience. We feel that our rooms are the best value in the area.

Ketan-GM
Americas Best Value Inn Goldsboro, NC

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Hello i recently stayed at americas best value inn and i enjoyed it. the assistant manager was very friendly and respectful. the rates was very reasonable and affordable. i think the assistant manager name was Nora she was very helpful and understanding. with workers like that in a hotel and rooms being at a reasonable price and rooms are clean you cant really complain. i would go back again next time i have another military training at Seymore Johnson

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear leloniej,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly service. Should you return to the area, we would love to have you stay with us again.

Ketan-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Goldsboro, NC

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel recently and was confronted by roaches on my pillow while i was attempting to sleep. I tried to rectify the situation and the night clerk told me I would have to sign a waiver stating the she or the hotel were not held responsible for the condition of the room. She then told me "I know how you people are" and "Don't act like you have never lived with roaches before". She then called the police on me because i was "Trespassing" when i already paid for the room and just wanted a refund. All in all i will never stay here again and i wouldn't advise anyone to either.

The manager was not helpful at all, I made an appointment with him the following day to settle the issues but he skipped the appointment and never bothered to return the call to reschedule.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Brandon B

Dear Brandon B,

I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Ketan-Gm
Americas Best Value Inn-Goldsboro, NC

Reviewed October 12, 2011

The staff and management were pleasant and cooperative and the maid service was very professional and helpful.

The refrigerator and microwave are great additions to the room as is the Wi-Fi. There is a decent restaurant within walking distance and many more within a reasonable driving distance.

The nearby hotels are way overpriced for a city the size of Goldsboro and this motel is by far the best value for the price.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
ABVI_675_11, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Goldsboro, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2011

Dear Michael H,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review about our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and clean rooms.

We look forward to seeing you again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Ketan-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Goldsboro,NC

Reviewed August 3, 2011

Goldsboro has lots of hotels for a city this size, the problem is that none of the so-called three star hotels are worth the $100 or more per night that they request so we went rock bottom and got this place for $42 per night. The hotel staff are friendly,the shower has great pressure and really hot water and the rooms have a microwave and mini refrigerator; however, there is nothing else positive about this place.

This is a rock-bottom hotel. The front desk person noted that they were sold out the day before we arrived and my thought was that they out to invest the money into the rooms. The people that stay here are very suspect, I would not leave valuables, I would not use room service and I would bring my own towels.

Room Tip: Walk up to the front desk and let them know that you usually stay at better hotels
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank CHOCOOLATE

Dear Iceler,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review about our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay at our property. Recently, we have added new electronic key locks, rooms have been painted, parking lot has been restriped, replaced some mattresses. Hopefully, you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Ketan-Manager