“So bad I had to laugh”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“So bad I had to laugh”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Yes it was Saturday night and yes they were busy. My daughter's salad came out before we were served the water and bread. It took awhile to receive our meals but I expected a wait with the volume of people in the restaurant but what I did not expect was the well done steak (I had ordered medium rare) the 2 tablespoons of mango salsa which was one of the featured sides and the small overcooked shrimp and hockey puck scallops. The waiter was very gracious and quickly, too quickly brought me a replacement steak that was mooing it was so raw. (I did not mention the shrimp/scallops, my mistake). At that point the waiter got the floor manager involved and she personally brought me the re-cooked raw steak which was now about medium. I ate the steak. The sweet potato I had requested rather than the stuffed potato was excellent. There was nothing wrong with my daughters meal but she finished before I started eating the steak. The manager to her credit comped me the meal even though I did not ask them to. Outback never impresses me with their food but the staff is usually very good. The waiter received his tip in full.

• Visited February 2013

Vincennes, Indiana
“Decent place to eat”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Hadn't been to an Outback in several years, the food was ok, the service was great, prices were reasonable

Visited January 2013
North Carolina
“Great Meal”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Excellent food & service.. I had the new special, the filet mignon with samll half lobster tail and grilled jumbo shrirmp. Verry good and good price.

Manson, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They don't know good customer service.”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I ordered from the to go section and I placed my order and was told I could wait in my car. I waited about 10 minutes and then a server came out to my car and told me that the rang up my order wrong and that I was gonna have to pay more money if I wanted to get what I ordered. That is not good customer service in my opinion. Why shoud I have to be incovinienced because of an employee mistake. I told them to cancel my order and I will go elswhere.

1 Thank Jermaine H
Goldsboro, North Carolina
“Normal Outback food”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Outback, like any chain restaurant, is the same everywhere. This was no different

The food is good but not great -- but because they try to appeal to everyone with diversity in the menu, they miss out on preparing truly great steaks -- what a steakhouse should be all about.

It's ok, but not great.