“WOW! Good Cow!”

Carl & Chelle's Grill Room
Ranked #6 of 173 Restaurants in Goldsboro
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner
Description: The best kept secret in Goldsboro, the nicest little steakhouse in town!
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I read some reviews of this little gem, and many folks complain of it being expensive. Considering the port wine cheese and crackers, the rather good salad bar (smoked oysters and sardines included), the choice of potato, and the choice of grilled onions or mushrooms that is INCLUDED in the price, I think one can totally justify the tab. The chef shows you the ribeye and filet available (cert Angus of course) and cuts it generously probably a bit over the size advertised. It was as beautiful as beef can look. We even followed up with coffee and split a dessert. Personally, I think they have the right idea. The ONLY entrees are ribeye or filet (real trimmed filet mignon, not just tenderloin), or chicken breast. I don't understand why anyone would get the chicken breast once they see the beef. You can get chicken anywhere! So they keep the overhead low, and seem busy enough that I hope they are doing well enough on profit, that Carl & Chelle's will be there for a long, long time. So yes, do take your wallet, but you will feel like a million bucks when you finish this great meal! We don't drink, but the full bar looked good enough.

1  Thank Brian W

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Some reviewers have said that Carl and Chelle's is too expensive. Well, it's not cheap, but the steaks are excellent quality and cooked as ordered. In my opinion, it beats the chain steakhouses hands down both in quality and flavor.of the meat. The dining room is fairly small and intimate, and the service is prompt and friendly. This restaurant was recommended to us by staff at the motel where we stayed, and we were not disappointed. The only thing I could have asked for was a wine list with some of my favorite labels! All in all, we felt that our meal was excellent, and when we come this way again we will stop in again.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I met friends here for dinner, and this was my third trip to this restaurant. It truly has not missed a beat. The staff is personable and friendly along with exceptional customer service. The food selection is limited, but the quantity is sufficient and the quality is excellent.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had a great experience while eating here. Service was prompt and the food was great. Yes it was expensive but I'd rather pay the $30 -mentioned previously- (which included dessert by the way) for a steak that was cooked properly and cut the right size. If I go to Logan's/Outback/Texas my steaks are NEVER the size they are supposed to be and I'm paying almost the same price without getting dessert. Yes you make your own salad - big deal. Why wouldn't you want to make it the way you want it rather than get something from the other steakhouses that one person at your table has tons of cheese and no bacon while someone else has all onions and hardly any of the other stuff...seriously. The steak is seasoned minimally but it worked and a good steak doesn't need more than salt & pepper. Definitely can't go here everyday but it's nice for a treat.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Hubby and I decided to give this place a whirl after eating at all the regular chain steakhouses in town. We didn't expect much but were pleasantly delighted! The steak was no frills...just a nice piece of meat with some salt and pepper - perfectly grilled! The steak was juicy, tender, and flavorful!! Best steak I've had in a long time!!! The chain steak restaurants can't compare to this!!!

Been to Carl & Chelle's Grill Room? Share your experiences!