“Okay, Not Great”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Goldsboro
elizabeth city
“Okay, Not Great”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My BF & I stayed here after attending the county fair in Goldsboro last night. They were out of Queen rooms (8:30 ish at night) so we got a smoking King on the 3rd floor. Soon as I got to the room, I inspected the room to make sure it was acceptable as is my routine. I pulled back the coverlet and saw a stain that looked like someone may have been smoking and dropped ashes which was smeared or either it wasn't washed. Anyway, I could see a stain through the top sheet; pulling it back, there were blood stains on the mattress cover.

BF suggested I call the front desk, but I wanted to speak directly with the front desk clerk so I went down and told the young lady what I'd found and she seemed apologetic. She immediately switched us to a room a few doors down from the original room. It was a bigger room which was a plus but the rooms need updating.

Things I found that negatively affected my rating are:

1. There was no coffee maker in the second room although there was a display of coffee/teas in the room so we took the coffee maker that was in our first room.

2. A little mold in the grout on the floor next to the bathtub; also mold around the hardware holding the grip bars on the walls in the tub

3. Tile was chipped & missing around one side of the toilet

4. The there was a nice big screen television in the room but there wasn't many stations; probably 10 and five were sports channels. There was supposed to be Showtime but I didn't see it.

Positive remarks:

1. Easy check in; while doing so, the front desk lady, Kelly, noticed from my driver's license where I was from and told me she went to school in my area. She was friendly and very personable. She seemed surprised when I let her know the condition of the first room I was given and quickly made the situation right. Within minutes of changing my room, Kelly called me to ask about the condition and make sure everything was okay.

2. The bed was clean & comfortable

3. Check out time was quick & easy

I over slept so didn't get my free breakfast. I would probably use this hotel again if in the area.

Room Tip: Make sure you check your room as soon as you get in it
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I visit Goldsboro 2 to 3 times a year. This is usually my hotel of choice. Its very affordable; and the employees really go out of their way to provide outstanding guest service. I appreciate the warm welcome they extend- I feel like a VIP my entire visit! Smiling but a very true word! The hotel is continually making improvements and renovations-another plus for this modern girl! I wanted to recognize the front desk staff and all the hard working housekeeping staff! Ms Tamika went out of her way to welcome me and my family for our weekly stay. She is very patient and willing to help where ever she is needed. I also wanted to recognize Kellie, Katie and Carol- they are an excellent front desk team. Each very helpful and accommodating in their own unique way. And lastly I have to honor Ms Barbara in housekeeping. I only want her professional touch in my room. She is excellent, fast and proficient; and very accommodating! This is why I take time out of my very busy schedule to write a Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2013

It's was good to be at this hotel again. I was very excited to see most of the employees there from last year. And that's one of many reasons I preference this hotel! The OUTSTANDING guest service! When booking a new or repeat hotel; my number one choice is how I'm received by the employees. Quality Inn's biggest asset is the consistent and superlative guest service they provide. Ms Barbara in housekeeping and Ms Barbara in laundry gave word-class guest service. They were especially accommodating to my 86 yr old Godmother. The front desk clerks are very friendly and the overnight clerk went above and beyond to assist. Thanks to all the phenomenal ladies working so very hard. You all deserve and are qualified to receive a merit! I also wanted to acknowledge Tim the manager. I had a few concerns my last visit and he seemed to have addressed them all! Thanks for making the improvements. And Thanks again to all that made my stay so welcoming... Ms Davis

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at this property a couple days ago thru Hotwire. Check-in was fine. The 1st & 2nd shift front desk clerks were very nice & helpful. 3rd shift clerk wasn't as friendly. The room looked ok but didn't smell fresh when i entered. It smelled like the carpet had gotten wet (slightly musty) and was never replaced so i bought some Febreeze & sprayed the room. Also, the carpet was kinda dirty as well & should be replaced. Other than that.... was ok... I did stop by the breakfast area to grab a piece of fruit and something to drink. The orange was good but the apple juice from the machine was awful! What was that!? On top of that, I was told the only ice machine was on the 3rd floor, my room was on the 1st. smh.... All in all, i did get a good nights sleep. However, management really needs to step their game up! The only reason i gave it 3 stars instead of 2 was the 1st & 2nd shift clerks. Next time, No Hotwire in Goldsboro! I'm booking my own room at Comfort Suites (right down the road) or Hampton Inn, two much better choices.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Cleveland,OH
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

The reviews make it sound like it is ready to be condemned, but it's really not that bad. My room was clean. The bed was ok, not great, but ok. The breakfast sucks! The location of the hotel is good. For 2 star hotel and priceline price cant get better than this!

• Stayed February 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I booked a room using their on-line reservation system. When I arrived they did not have my reservation and said it was my fault for using a third party system (like expedia). They continued to blame me until I handed them the confirmation from their own system. Then they blamed the coporate HQ for not sending them the reservation and told me I should have called them to to confirm the reservation......the one I was holding the confirmation for in my hand! I had booked two rooms, non-smoking, with two beds each. The only thing they had left were two smoking rooms, one with a single bed and one with two beds. They wanted me to take those rooms AND pay for them. After TWO hours of arguing with the manager and listening to him tell me this was my fault he finally gave the rooms without charge. This process started at 10PM and went to midnight, all while my children were exhausted. The only reason I didn't walk out was the other hotels were booked as well. Multiple letters and e-mails to their corporate HQ have gone unanswered as well. The country inn and hampton inn are just as nice (hamtpon nicer) and cost the same. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this horribly managed location.

Room Tip: My best advice to get a good room is stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Traveler696

Travelers are raving about these Goldsboro hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Goldsboro
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Goldsboro
TownePlace Suites Goldsboro
TownePlace Suites Goldsboro
#5 of 11 in Goldsboro
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kinston

Been to Quality Inn Goldsboro? Share your experiences!