“Best Chinese in Town”

China House
Ranked #74 of 174 Restaurants in Goldsboro
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed January 22, 2012

OK they do a buffet Sundays at lunch, dont go! It is the usual saucy americanized dishes and way way crowded with large people just out of church. That being said go any other time and order off of the menu. The food is amazing. We have some friends and family from China and they like this place best as it is the closest to what they get at home in China, while not perfect pretty darn close. Prices are reasonable and the lunch specials great. Service has always been great here and unless you have a huge appetite you will have to take some home. Near base main gate so it can be busy at lunch. This is my daughters birthday choice every year and we go at least once a month

1  Thank gborotraveler

Reviewed January 2, 2012

I and my family make China House a weekly dining event. Tony, Helen and their staff enhance the atmosphere. The food is just wonderful. Menu is reasonably priced and portions are right on the money. Every dish I have eaten was full of flavor and fresh. Take out is just the best around. Looking forward to my/our next visit.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

My family and I go here often and enjoy it everytime. Family-owned and operated, this owners are as nice and as friendly as you will ever find in the restaurant business and they enjoy doing what they do.

The crab rangoon is the best you will have. It's hot, creamy and crunchy and every bite is delicious -- every when you dip it into their homemade duck sauce. Most excellent.

My wife loves the moo goo gai pan here--super tender chicken! My daughter goes for the wonton soup everytime and loves it. My son is in for the sesame chicken--great flavor. And me? I judge every Chinese restaurant by their chicken fried rice first--theirs is terrific.

4  Thank HeathSchneider

Been to China House? Share your experiences!