“Drive Thru _Terrible You better check and make sure FOOD is COOKED before leaving!!”

McCall's Bar-B-Q & Seafood
Ranked #2 of 171 Restaurants in Goldsboro
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been to McCall's several times to eat and food and quality of food was great.
But on 3/3/2014..me and friend went thru Drive thru and I Ordered the Trout Seafood platter to get home and open it up to eat, Trout wasn't even cooked, the breading was so soggy it had fell off!!! I'm disabled and cannot drive ..I call and the Manager said well I don't know what to tell you? Very poor management if you ask me. It was started to pour freezing rain /sleet. She actually ask me if I could take it back? After just paying
$8.20. I wouldn't suggest anyone going to Drive Thru. I'm very disappointed McCall's after I have referred you all to a lot of Church friends.

• Visited March 2014

Savannah, Georgia
“Disgusting food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been "forced" to come here a few times with co-workers. Every single time, the food has made me sick. I will never go back. Some people like it, I can't imagine why.

• Visited June 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great buffet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Clean, good service, great food! A bit pricey, but not bad, and they give lots of breaks for kids! Well managed...

Visited February 2014
Goldsboro, North Carolina
“OMG - slap somebody - This is GOOOOODDDD Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Country food - seafood - sweet tea ---- BBQ - BBQ ribs BBQ chicken --- chicken pastry - collards - you name it - McCall's has it and its lip smacking good --- Do not DRIVE BY - You have to stop and eat...

• Visited December 2013
Danbury, Connecticut
“Pennywise and Pound Foolish - Very Disappointed with Customer Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Customer service is sometimes lost in the South because the food itself is so delish, as was the case with a recent experience I had with McCall's. Although I now live far away, I knew when this place was built. Like many industries, McCall's has had their ups and downs, but their food quality and service has often been their saving grace. Likewise, my family has used them for catering events because we've preferred the taste even if the costs were higher.

Tonight, the customer service signifanct fell far short.

When I'm in town a few times a year, I actually spend a remarkable amount of $$ here vi their drive-thru service (over $100 per trip). I don't have time to cook at my second home and their's is decent so it's a win-win for me.

But this evening, McCall's Drive-thru customer service left a nasty taste in my mouth that will keep me away from their restaurant for the foreseeable future - ALL over approx. One tablespoon of coleslaw.

Of course, if you read my reviews, I wouldn't be leaving a restaurant over something this small; this issue is really is the principle. To make a long story short, this location lost a longstanding, loyal customer this evening over something that could have, and should have been handled through better staff training. Long story short, after receiving a takeout order that I've receive nearly 8 nights in a row, I noticed that that the order had been fulfilled differently. When I kindly brought it to the attention of the drive-through customer service team in an effort to have it quickly addressed through a TABLESPOON correction, I was taken aback at the rudeness of their response. Rather than engage in debate or argument, I just returned the full meal and requested a refund. Rather than try to understand my concern, the Southern customer service reps decided to dig their heels in and make an issue over the tablespoon of coleslaw (yes, we're talking about coleslaw, which is ESSENTIAL w/fried fish in the South!) Still, I probably would have let it go, other than a refund at this point until the manager arrived and shared with me what HE had been told about me complaint: Whoever brought it to HIS attention told him that I was attempting to scam the restaurant by seeking a MUCH larger size than the one that was provided with the meal I had ordered. WRONG. My complaint was that the correct container had not been properly filled (again, since I've ordered and received the meal NINE, consecutive days, excluding Christmas Day. The GOOD news is that eating southern, fried food is not a part of my normal diet anyway so their poor service is probably a GOOD thing. The BAD thing is that they lost a loyal customer - not only for drive-throughs when I'm visiting NC but also when my family has $500-1,000 catering events as well like last year. I suspect what happened, which makes this even uglier, but it doesn't matter. They won't get anymore of MY $$ for sure. I can't recomment anyone reading this visit this 'average' place for biased service either - unless the owner takes definitive action to address the person who was on the window this evening. None of your customers should left with this nasty feeling about greasy but delish food!

• Visited December 2013