“Nice little quick serve restaurant”
Review of Brown Bag Cafe - CLOSED

Brown Bag Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“Nice little quick serve restaurant”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Nice restaurant located just off the main drag in what looks at first to be a warehouse (there's a nice surprise once you go inside). My family ate here Sept. 1 coming home from myrtle and were pleasantly surprised at the quality of food. Decor is vintage service was good. No one in my party had any of the items that the Bojangles reviewer had, maybe that is a factor but I assure everyone Bojangles could never be as good as this place. I got the chipotle steak tacos...yumm!! 3 small tacos with just a little kick (I like spicy food and thought it could have been spicier but good flavor none-the-less). Dad had a pimento sandwich a la BLT (special); enjoyed it. Wife had the buffalo chicken sandwich. She said it was too spicy and then promptly ate the whole thing before I could get a bite. She usually tops out at medium on the spicy scale and she agreed it was probably medium-hot. Mom got the turkey sandwich with brie and said it was very good. All in all I give this place a solid B and we'll likely stop here next year when we pass through. Oh, Brown Bag update the website you can't read the menu hardly at all... I was squinting at it trying to remember what we all got. Other than that good job!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank formersheff

Ayden, North Carolina
“Very disappointed after reading the good reviews”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Always trying to avoid chains, tried here after reading reviews. Fish Tacos came highly recommended by the wait staff--2 small pieces of fish in a grainy raw corn taco (not flour as listed on menu), mango salsa was 2 small pieces of mango in a plastic cup. Chicken tacos also supposed to be in flour tortillas but again were presented in raw corn tacos. BBQ chicken flatbread was OK at best. My 11 year old did like his onion rings and the fried pickles were pretty good. Would not go here again. Could've eaten better and way cheaper if I'd just gone to Bojangles. Maybe I caught them on a bad day.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank michael j
Goldsboro, North Carolina
“Awesome food...plus they deliver!!!”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Went here after getting a $10 for $5 Groupon deal, and I will definitely be returning. Recommend the P omelet and cheese grits...but the hashbrowns were not very good to me. Plus, they deliver with a $20 minimum I believe.

Visited April 2012
Littleton, Colorado
“Best onion rings!”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I stopped in for a sandwich to go and had a very good Reuben sandwich along with onion rings. They are crispy and perfectly done, so I ate every one!! I will definitely be back.

• Visited March 2012
Goldsboro, North Carolina
“Sweet potato fries and Pimento BLT”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

An odd location for a trendy lunch cafe that would more likely be downtown Cary, but the food is fantastic. The pimento cheese is so great - on the grilled cheese or the BLT. And don't pass up the sweet potato fries. Love it!