“Hampton Inn Goldsboro”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Goldsboro
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel was very clean, the staff very helpful, and the price right in line with our budget.
We needed a few extra things and they were provided without any question. Very, very helpful staff. Breakfast was superb.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Tom Clark

Room Tip: Book ahead of time.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tom C
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Goldsboro, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Tom C,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and sharing your great review. We are proud to provide excellent service and accommodations at a reasonable price and pleased to know you found us to be a good value. We appreciate your recommendation and 5 star rating and hope you will let us serve you here again.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel common areas, grounds and rooms were clean. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. Everything was in good working condition - the a/c, hairdryer, tv, etc. It must be pet friendly because I noticed several dogs leaving the buidling and on the grounds, however, I never once heard anything (including other guests!) and there were no foul odors anywhere. The hotel offers a small gym (weights, treadmill, elliptical); guest laundry facility (coin operated) and nice inground pool and patio area. The hot (lukewarm) breakfast was decent, but nothing to write home about. They offered: Yoplait and Dannon Light yogurt; fresh fruit (not sure exactly how fresh it was!); Special K, Cheerios, Raisin Bran cereals; make your own Belgian waffle; an assortment of muffins and danish; home fries; sausage (links one day; patties another); and eggs (scrambled one day; cheese omlettes another); various juices and milk, coffee, tea, etc. The dining area was clean, spacious and comfy. I was impressed by the fact that before closing the breakfast area at 10am, the worker personally went to each table, informed the diners that she would be closing shop, and asked if anyone would like more food. The staff - front desk, housekeeping, food service - were all polite and professional. We stayed here while visiting family in the area. It is not a "destination/vacation" hotel, but fine for business or passing through. I would definitely stay here again for the convenience, comfort and price. I would recommend to anyone who needs to be in Goldsboro, as it is one of the nicer ones around.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BklynTree
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Goldsboro, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear BklynTree,

Thank you very much for sharing comments about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide and really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. Your recommendation means a great deal to us and I hope we can serve you here again.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

To take advantage of my Hilton Honors rewards, I stay at all Hilton locations. I stay at this Hampton every other month on business. Its in a good location for area restaurants and shopping with good overall access to Seymour Johnson AFB. I have absolutely no complaints to offer. Nice, clean, attentive. But, as I noted, Spring Lake Hampton is my favorite. Its just new!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Goldsboro, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for your many visits and great review. I'm glad you know you can count on us for a comfortable stay and great service. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you again the next time you are here.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel was amazing!!! Very well designed and super clean! Breakfast had a great variety and wireless internet was a necessity for me; worked perfectly. Bathroom was spacious, which I thought was pretty cool since most bathrooms are cramped way too small!!! I would DEFINITELY recommend this hotel to anyone on a similar budget ($80-120)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Joseph S
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Goldsboro, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I chose this hotel based on reviews and its proximity to Seymour Johnson AFB. We were not disappointed. The room was very clean(loved the king sized bed), the staff was courteous and helpful, and the breakfast was ample. We would definitely stay here again if our future travels take us to Goldsboro

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sally M
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Goldsboro, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your comments. It's always nice to receive positive guest feedback and we really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. I hope we can serve you here again.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Said three days I had to move room because of noisy guest last day. Said something to front desk twice and it did no good. Kids yelling not to bring my dog on elevator, my dog behaved better then them. Rooms need touch up soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank John C
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Goldsboro, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear John C,

I am very sorry you were disappointed with us during your recent visit and offer my apologies. We want to provide all our guests with the best in service and accommodations and we take it very seriously when we learn we've fallen short. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation, and I hope you will be happy with the changes we make the next time you stay with us. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Excellent overnight stop at Goldsboro, where we used to live when stationed at nearby Seymour Johnson AFB. Staff and guests, including several military Reservists, all upbeat because of the very comfortable and convenient hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick M
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Goldsboro, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and posting your comments. I'm glad you and your group were able to relax and enjoy while you were here and really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. I hope we can serve you here again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Goldsboro
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Goldsboro
Hampton Inn Kinston
Hampton Inn Kinston
#1 of 7 in Kinston
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kinston

Been to Hampton Inn Goldsboro? Share your experiences!