“Lovely setting not far from Badin Lake”

Morgan Ridge Vineyards
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Gold Hill
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We visited Morgan Ridge for dinner last Friday night with a group of friends. Great dinner served out on the patio (the weather cooperated). The food was fresh and very good (risotto, scallops etc) along with the chilled wine on our table. They also had a guitar player for backround music. Only a few times the music was a little too loud to hear table talk.
This was our 3rd visit here and will come back again.........an easy drive from Badin Lake!
I believe you need to make reservations for their Friday night dinners.....
It is a beautiful, peaceful setting too!

1  Thank Lakehouse258

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Today (June 14) was my 4th visit to Morgan Ridge Vineyards. Since personally discovering it six weeks ago, I can not get enough of it ~ the wine, the food or the beauty of the property. I say discovering it because I reside in the same county (Rowan) as the vineyard and friends have been telling me and urging me for two to three years to go visit. Truly speaking it will please the palate in every way. First, make time to enjoy one of the wine tastings and a tour of the property. Hopefully you will be blessed to have Amy, one of the owners, be your tour guide. She will fill you in on the grapes, the land and the family history of the area. Then make sure that you have your reservations for dinner (Friday night) or lunch (Saturday) because you don't want to disappoint your taste buds by missing out on Chef Jason's food prep. My oh my, can that young man cook, create and orchestrate in the kitchen. Such creativity and inspiring cuisine, enough to wow and impress this ol' gal who has a culinary degree.
But I digress, if you are coming because it is all about the wine for you, there is no doubt that you will absolutely find something to your liking (more to your LOVING!!). Favorites of mine are the Chambourcin 2011, White Syrah 2011 and Chardonnay 2010.
Don't be a procrastinator like me. Make your plans to visit Morgan Ridge much sooner rather than later. Then, more than likely you will then be writing your own review of the supremacy of the vineyards on John Morgan Road.

3  Thank KimFink
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were visiting relatives in Salisbury and they took us to Morgan Ridge. It's a very nice spot and the owners, Amie & Tommy Baudoin, are so enthusiastic and engaged that you want to volunteer to work there. We weren't familiar with North Carolina wines and were pleasantly surprised by the quality. The tasting prices are very reasonable and we bought several wines to bring home to share with friends. We recommend taking Tommy's tour. Rumor has it that they will be adding a microbrewery.

2  Thank TomRuthWilliams
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a lovely winery. The wines are very good and the service is friendly and with a big smile. The property is beautiful. It is a great place to taste wine and relax with family and friends

3  Thank Cratsley
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My friend and I shared a coupon from one of the Groupon sites which gave us tasting of 13 wines, wine glass and tour plus cracker and cheese plate for $15. Great deal and a very pleasant experience. I would love to go back again and try the "buffet" described in one of the other reviews, it sounds lovely. All in all this is a winery I would visit again, especially in warmer weather when we could enjoy a glass of wine on the outside area overlooking the pond.

1  Thank jjudymac