“Nice!”

Cuisines: American
Description: Glenville-Cashiers area of western NC
Description: Glenville-Cashiers area of western NC
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Only sit down restaurant in the Glenville area with country cooking as well as a variety of other items. Crusted chicken was super. Always busy-evenings only.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Went to Happ's last night and we were a party of four. Our dinner companions frequent some of the finer places to eat in the area and know good food. When they suggested Happ's, memories came back from about six years ago and they were not all that pleasant.

Because of who suggested it we decided to give it another try. As others have stated, it really has no atmosphere. The entrees were starting at around $16.00. My husband got the short ribs and mashed potatoes that he really, really enjoyed. The catfish platter and the trout were hits also. I had the chicken picatta and it really wasn't bad, but I would have liked to be able to get a bit of pasta with it and I should have asked for lemon to loosen up the sauce and give it punch.

Would I go back ? I am not really sure as there are other places to try. I certainly would not bring out of town guests here because of the ambiance. But based on the crowd, my review is not going to make a difference. Locals seem to love it and I will admit that the service was very good.

I just like a place that delivers the whole package, nice décor and good food. When people come to my place for dinner we spruce up a bit. I think Happ's could benefit by doing the same.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Nice little place outside Cashiers, N.C., nothing fancy, but has a feel of the 50-60's, The food is all made in house, and very good for the value. Medium pirce meals for this area. The staff is just as nice as they can be, great service. One does have to remember this is a seasonal area, so staff is limited after seanson, they close late fall or soon there after. The trout is very good. Great veggies.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I am not sure where the rest of these reviews come from, but I can assure you that the next time my boyfriend and I are in the area, we will NEVER consider going here again. From the first point of contact, walking in the door, we were never so rudely treated and ignored by a hostess. Then after signing in and waiting for our table, we were overlooked by some locals that the hostess seated in front of us. This by the way comes after we were recommended to this place. We then left after 45 minutes of being ignored and went to Lakeside Restaurant, which by the way has this place by 10 times the service and atmosphere and I believe probably by food. PLEASE do yourself a favor and go to Lakeside Restaurant and give yourself the BEST treatment you will ever have not only by service, but also by Food. I am certain Happs could not even come close. Thank you Happs for doing what you did and sending us to a much BETTER place.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Had all the restaurants in Highlands and Cashiers to choose from and we picked Happs. We have been there a few times over the years and were not disappointed this year. Don't go there for the atmosphere go for the food, service and value. It is THE Best. My wife had the pecan crusted trout and it was the best she had over the 10 days we were in the area: beat out Highlands CC and The Varander. I had the chicken special and again it was great: topped with goat cheese, portabella mushrooms and more.
You can still take your own wine. Will return for sure.

1  Thank Cafe104