“Outstanding B&B--and definitely French”
Review of Burke Manor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gibsonville
Burke Manor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Gibsonville B&B and Inns
North Carolina
“Outstanding B&B--and definitely French”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We enjoyed a special package of room with dinner. I had an aged filet with classic bearnaise sauce. The wine was great and the service was outstanding. FYI--weekends in June require definite advance booking; they are a preferred wedding venue, having large pavilion with dance floor, photographers, and great French food and wine.
The decor is decidedly continental--one would think they are in a B&B in France.
The hosts, Lil and Lori, are most welcoming. Lil is originally from Grasse, France. Together they also operate St. Jacques, an award winning restaurant in Raleigh.
Burke Manor is almost as good as a short trip to France, but no need for air ticket.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank logisticsman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Why would you stop over in Gibsonville, when your onboard computer shows you so many options much closer to the Freeway. Because you are looking for a pleasant surprise? We were two couples on our way to Virginia and were getting tired and had not made any advance booking. Burke's Manor was a most pleasant surprise with all the small town B&B charm you would want including a train which goes right past the property.It didn't bother us in the least. Welcoming,quaint, nicely appointed and friendly, helpful staff. Good breakfast and once again Mia's smile and we were off to a new day of adventure. The only drawback, we were not there when their dining room was open, so we were taking our chances in Elon. What a lovely campus and clean town. We'll spend a day there next time. As seasoned travellers, we highly recommend BM.

Room Tip: there are not too many choices, but all of the rooms we saw were good.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Horst B
New Jersey
Reviewed May 9, 2012

On first impression the Burke Manor Inn is a very quaint place to stay. I was with a group and had rented the ajoining cottage in the rear as I needed 3 sleeping areas. The room was well furnished and clean, the toiletries were lovely and the snack basket an added bonus. The rooms were substantially smaller then I expected from the pictures but were more then reasonable for our needs. I was traveling with my Mother-in-law, husband and two children and the exterior cottage was perfect for us. The only thing that they didn't mention was their proximity to the train line (which does run all night....), but they were happy to provide ear plugs for my MIL and hubby. I apparently do not mind the sound of trains :). Breakfast was nice, not over the top but very good, so no issues there. The staff was friendly and tried to be helpful but when we were looking for a place to eat nearby, all of their suggestions were closed. I was a little disappointed that I thought I had negotiated a flat rate for both cottages, as we stayed a couple of nights, of $300 per night, but when I went to check in I discovered that was for only 3 or more evenings, so I ended up paying more for two nights then I would have for 3 with the extra charges for the children. So I would just encourage you to clarify your rates in advance so there are no unpleasant surprises. Overall a solid choice for accomodations.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2012

great inn, awesome service, excellent food. Would have liked more than one option for breakfast, but everything was delicious and the rooms were fabulous!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I recently stayed at the Burke Manor Inn for Elon orientation. I cannot praise this "hidden gem" enough!!! From the impeccable service and hospitality, to the charm, cleanliness and atmosphere, it was close to perfect!! The owners are wonderful. They go out of their way to make you feel at home.
We also had the privelige of dining in their restaurant, Saint Jacques, one evening. The food, service and ambience was fantastic. The menu was varied and so delicious.
I almost hate to review, because now so many people will want to stay and I may not get a room:) Seriously, I will definetely plan to stay here every time I come to Elon, since I have two daughters attending this great university.
If I had one complaint, it would be the noise of the train that is across the street. However, it is infrequent and it certainly is not the fault of the Burke Manor.

New York
Reviewed April 22, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Inn for college orientation weekend. The Inn was recommended by another B&B in the area so I booked a room on-line. Knowing that we would arrive in the evening, I also booked a dinner reservation at their French restaurant - Saint Jacques. We could not have been more surprised at the quality, service and ambiance. The dinner was excellent and the service was elegant. In the morning we were served a full breakfast. If the Inn's rooms are booked, still try to get a reservation for dinner - it compares to top restaurants in NYC. Next time.....I will make a reservation for my husband and I!

Room Tip: Book in advance as there are only a small number of rooms.
Elon, North Carolina
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This was our second stay at the Burke Manor. It was our anniversary and our weekend was already so full we barely had time to celebrate. Luckily, the perfect spot is right up the street - a getaway not so far away. Our room was luxurious and relaxing, dinner at the St. Jacques was lovely - they even whipped up a pretty pastry swan to help us celebrate the occasion. The multi-jet shower was entertaining and breakfast was just right.
We'll be back!

Room Tip: Have stayed in 201 and 204. Both were lovely, but 204 gets the edge
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chrisstecker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gibsonville
Best Western Plus Burlington
Best Western Plus Burlington
#5 of 15 in Burlington
Drury Inn & Suites Burlington
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Burlington (Elon)
Ramada Burlington Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Burlington

Been to Burke Manor Inn? Share your experiences!