“Lovely location, outdated over priced rooms”
Review of The Bay Horse Inn

The Bay Horse Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Goldsborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

The staff were very helpful, the location is beautiful. Howerever 2 of the rooms had a very strong (over powering) smell of damp. The shower was a joke, it did not get warm and it stayed at a trickle dispite following the instructions in the room about being patient due to local water pressure. The rooms were clean but very outdated. Breakfast was lovely and very filing.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Liverpool0879

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I attended a Golden wedding celebration which from begining to end was first class, this in no small part was due to the attention to detail by all members of staff at The Bay Horse.
This is a excellent privatly owned country pub, all the staff can not be praised enough.
The food both at the function and the following days breakfast was faultless.
I would strongly recommend this establishment to others.
The comments regarding the showers mentioned by others is such a small point please do not let this distract anyone from visiting.
Well done to Jan the licensee and all her staff

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
13  Thank TollyTilly
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The rooms are in need of a deep clean and upgrading. The hot water system is unreliable so taking a shower was not pleasant.

The staff were all very helpful.

The outside garden is lovely and would be a nice setting for drinks and a snsck, weather permitting.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Advtrini
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We arrived at the Bay Horse in were greated by the plesent bar staff and booked into our rooms with the Land lady, Due to several people arriving at different times the Land lady let me book everyone in which was much easier than the guest waiting for it to re-open.
The staff at the Bay HOrse were all really plesent and the barman even washed our car for us and did a very good job!
The facilities at the B&B are what are to be expected of a B&B all rooms were cleaned to a high standard and were cleaned each day for us.
The only down side to the rooms were the showers which were a bit temperamental at times if more than one person wanted to shower.
The food we had was good and well presented even though we had a large table all food came out at the same time.
The Breakfast at the Bay horse was very nice and you could have either a hot or cold breakfast.
All in all the experience at the Bay Horse Inn was a good experience, a nice country pub in a plesent village.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
16  Thank 853White123853
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Booked well in advance with deposit, easy. Checked booking a few days in advance of arrival, very welcoming landlady. On the day of arrival we were late checking in as we were at a wedding nearby. When I walked into a very busy bar with a bag, the bar staff, welcomed me by name! Room clean and comfortable with a good breakfast.
All you would expect from an English country pub.
Thank You we will will recommend.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
17  Thank Brian H
Reviewed October 16, 2011

The Bay Horse exists on the back of Goldsborough Hall due to their functions otherwise it would be bust. I telephoned I booked, the proprietors called back to confirm the booking but could only do one of the two nights required. No matter we agreed on the one night, but would take two nights if a room became available. I did not email my credit card details. Many of my family and guest had also booked taking all rooms. Payment was not an issue, I arrived ..Jan Monks the proprietor said I have NOT got a booking for you. !!!!!!! I had just driving from Scotland to my sons wedding !!!. So Ms Monks had taken another booking without contacting me she had my telephone and email address. Disgraceful...

Room Tip: Find an alternative
Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank buzzhi
bayhorsegoldsborough, Owner at The Bay Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

Mr B*****l I feel I must reply to your libellous comments about my establishment and myself. Firstly I have been the licensee here for over 32 years whereas Goldsborough Hall has been a wedding venue for around 4 years so it would be fair to say your opinions are completely unfounded. Secondly it is our policy to take a deposit when accommodation is booked as this acts as confirmation for guests and ourselves. This is then followed up by letter or email, again to confirm dates, rooms etc. As you were not happy in the first instance that I could not offer a room for the two nights you requested you seem to forget that you choose to not book at that point and would wait to see if two nights became available and yes I did say I would contact you if that happened. Therefore as I could not offer you what you wanted I did not contact you again as you say. Our system seems to work perfectly well for all our other guests and we do not have problems with rooms being double booked or people arriving on the wrong days etc. I can not believe that in this technological day and age someone would travel 200 miles with 2 dogs when they had nothing confirmed to an establishment which doesn't even accommodate pets.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

Stayed here two nights whilst attending wedding at Goldsborough Hall.
Staff helpful and friendly with booking in, rooms and service etc.
Bedrooms in annexe were very clean and comfortable. Usual facilities.
Did not have evening meal [ friend did and enjoyed it] but good beers at bar!
Breakfasts substantial and relaxed.
Beautiful gardens and good location for the surrounding area.
Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
17  Thank Prudol

Been to The Bay Horse Inn? Share your experiences!