“nice, clean, and comfortable”

Best Western Gastonia
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I'm from Ohio and came to visit family that lives in Gastonia. The front desk lady who checked us in, was very kind. She gave us directions on how to get around town. The location was very convenient because its surrounded by three restaurants.The rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was also very nice. We will stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Theia A
There are newer reviews for Best Western Gastonia

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel due to other relatives staying there at the same time. This was one of the closes hotels to a relative's home. The room was acceptable with a very comfortable king size bed on the entrance level. The room was clean and we did not observe any bugs in the the room or other locations in the hotel as others have reported. It was acceptable for us to stay four nights. The exhaust fan in the bathroom was annoying as it was always on when the light switch was on. The breakfast was ok but nothing great in a small eating area. We have had much better at other locations. The fact that Cracker Barrel was on one side and a Texas Road House on the other side was a plus. We could stay there again but would check other adjoining hotels first. We thought the price was a little high at $69 after a senior discount and a manager's discount, which was $20 less than the walk in rate.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jackbrainerd
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I am conflicted about what to say about this hotel. It IS very dated -- dark, heavy, 1970s-style decor. The facility is old and worn, but I found my room to be completely clean, and the mattress comfortable. I slept very well here, and the furnishings appeared to be quite clean.
The day-shift personnel at the front desk were very welcoming, warm, friendly, helpful and accommodating.
While staying in Gastonia for 3 days, I developed 5 bug bites -- they were small to start out with, but swelled to hard, red, itchy spots 3" across. By the time I got home, one of the bites even had a "bulls' eye" appearance. My doctor did a Lyme titre, but told me they looked like bed-bug bites....they swell, depending on how strongly a person reacts to the bug saliva.
I can only conclude these bites came from this hotel. The people I visited in Gastonia did not take me to any wooded or overgrown areas -- we were indoors practically the whole time.
I hate to insist these bites came from this hotel, as the stay was basically a good one. But it appears that's where I got bit.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Wilma608
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Had reservations but when I went to check in I immediately realized I would not be staying there. Lobby was creepy, dark and had an unpleasant odor, so I asked to see my room and although it was a non-smoking room it smelled like smoke and had a musty odor. Toilet was not clean. Front desk person did offer to have it cleaned. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lucy W
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Plain and simple, this is not a 2 ½ Star hotel and should not be labeled as so. It is old and run down. The owners appear to milking the money out of it. Lobby is very ‘choppy’. Rooms are on 3 floors and no elevator (remember it is rated 2 ½ stars!). My hallway was very dark as most of the lights were out. Lights in my room flickered continuously. I am not sure why they call this an ‘executive’ hotel, I stayed there for business and would have felt like crap if I met a customer there or booked rooms for others in our company. Breakfast was a joke for anyone that cares what they eat. It was all frozen, microwave yourself ‘hot’ food and packaged corn syrup loaded pastries if you did not want frozen death. I would not of even booked our laborers in this hotel. I never did find the fitness room. BTW, I booked on Priceline name your own price for $55, could have stayed across the street at CS for $5 more and had a lot more comfort and not had to carry my bags up flights of steps.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank richard9i
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I know it sounds funny but I was looking for a place to stay that was close to a Cracker Barrel and this place literally shares a driveway with one! The room was just what we needed, I had a few tiny complaints but it was petty stuff, not worth mentioning. I think for the price this place is hard to beat. The night staff was super friendly and all was well! You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Zak99
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My wife and I were traveling and needed somewhere to stop overnight to get some rest. We chose the Best Western and it was great from the moment we checked in. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were spotless clean, and most of all, we got the rest we needed. We left the hotel after a very filling breakfast in the morning. We will definitely come back to this hotel if we return to this area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pam M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gastonia
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 15 in Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia
Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia
Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross
Holiday Inn Express Kings Mountain

Been to Best Western Gastonia? Share your experiences!