“Great food and service”

Hillbilly's Barbeque & Steaks
Ranked #26 of 239 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I stopped here while staying overnight in Gastonia. The food was really good. I got the pulled pork and chicken breast. Both had great flavor. The pinto beans and fries were even very good. My husband usually gets full fairly quickly and will stop eating, but his food was so good that he finished everything and left so full he could barely move. Our server was very friendly and helpful and never left us wanting anything. Prices were also very reasonable. I would have loved to have had a beer, but they do not serve it, which is the only downfall I found with the place.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I love bar-b-q, but this is a place I will not be going back to! I had a beef brisket sandwich that was so dry, pouring the sauce to it didn't even help. The fries were ok, but nothing to write home about. The table was sticky and could have used a good cleaning!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Raised in the south, I know I am supposed to like BBQ but something about pork has never tickled my fancy. This is my favorite place in the Gastonia area to eat BBQ because they have beef BBQ and their sauce is really good, (if you like sweet sauces.) They have others as well but their main one is sweet. You can smell it cooking a mile away and you will smell like the place when you leave. There is a fire pit where you can see the meat cooking on your way in and out. Their salad is average, something that you could come up with at home for family.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had purchased a discount card from Stanley Blue Devils Team. The Card Stated that the discount was for buy one plate at regular price and receive 50% off of the second plate. I purchased the card in September of 2012. For almost a year I have used the card with a lunch buddy. No problem. We split the total cost of the bill-fair enough. Last week(August 2013) I attempted to use the card once more and the cashier tells me that the card was a misprint and I can only receive 10% off. I advised the young girl that I have used the card for almost a year now and have always received 50% off of my second plate. She said no maam, it is a misprint. I advised her to get a manager. Another young lady comes to the cash register and tells me the same thing. I advised one more that I have used this card for almost a year now with no problem unitl now. I advised that I would wait for a manager. the young lady walked off, with my card. SO, after waiting-on my lunch break- the same young lady walked back up to me and said, "Yeah it was like I said. These cards were misprinted." I asked again for a manager. She handed me my card and stated, "Maam, it's like I told you already, this was a misprint." I started to say something, and the young girl interrupted me and said, "MAAM, that's just the way it is." I asked why didn't they correct the card before it was printed? I mean, did they not get a proof of the paid advertisement they were putting on this card? And now they want to tell me that "That's just the way it is!" Well, fine, I will not be back, nor will my friends or acquaintances whose total spend a week there is approximately $150.00 AND THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS!

1  Thank Tracy L
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Ate here while traveling from Atlanta on I85N. We stop for about an hour. Food was good and they give you good size portions. I recommended it to other family and they went a few hours later. They loved it. Anytime I am in town, I will stop by.