“Good Food”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good Food”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Ate here while traveling from Atlanta on I85N. We stop for about an hour. Food was good and they give you good size portions. I recommended it to other family and they went a few hours later. They loved it. Anytime I am in town, I will stop by.

• Visited May 2013

York, SC
“Good bbq, great service”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I love bbq on a salad, and while I have a couple of favorite places, sometimes I want to try something different. Hillbilly's has nice, soft chopped bbq with a few yummy burnt ends thrown in. It is delicious dry, but the thick, sweet sauce was not to my palate. My husband had a small bbq sandwich & fried okra - the sandwich was really small but tasty; same with the fresh okra. I was given a big bowl and allowed to make my own salad (sweet!) from a pretty good salad bar. Our sweet and attentive server (Mindy) brought my warm bbq out in a cup & it was more than I needed (husband was happy to take care of rest). Overall the food was good, but the dark atmosphere was depressing. The restaurant was also more than half empty at 6p on a Saturday night - not a good sign, but this may be more due to the economy. Worth a trip, especially if you are a sweet sauce lover.

• Visited April 2013
Bedford, NY
“Best ribs ever!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Perfect local BBQ joint. I had the combo plate with ribs, chicken and sweet potato fries. Wow, were these ribs good! I think they were the best I have ever had and I am past 65 yrs. old. They were very meaty, not fatty but juicy and perfectly tender. Amazing. Also they put hush puppies on the table as soon as you sit down. The chicken was really good too. Service was quick and friendly. We stopped here on the way to the Charlotte airport.

• Visited April 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“I sure do like their bbq!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I don't eat out a lot. When we do, one of our fun places to eat is at Hillbilly's. We both qualify for the senior discount here (55 and over) and it is a great value. When you get a small plate of bbq - you have a full meal at Hillbilly's. They have great hush puppies. I would like more vegetable choices - but I am there for the meat!

• Visited March 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“food ok, service weak”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

we have been here a few times, the food is ok, good flavor. just expect more food for the price. place can get a little smokey inside due to the open firepit. server may have been new. hope she gets better with time. its a hard thing being young and a server.

Visited January 2013