“Best place to get pulled BBQ on this side of town”

Hillbilly's Barbeque & Steaks
Ranked #23 of 234 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Cramerton, North Carolina
“Best place to get pulled BBQ on this side of town”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

This is the only place I will go to eat pulled BBQ they have beef, chicken and pork all slow cooked over the huge fire in the middle of the restaurant. If you want brisket I suggest driving to Charlotte's River Gate area to eat at Jim n Nick's.

Visited April 2012

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Good BBQ with good prices”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Wednesday is senior discount day but it was not crowded by 7:30. BBQ was good with great smoked chicken. I loved the selection of sides, especially sweet potatoes. Dinner for two with a beer, and tip was only $22.

Visited December 2011
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Don't bother”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

This place is just plain nasty all the way around.

Akron, Ohio
“I hate it when this happens”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

On a Thursday evening in mid July we found ourselves at Hillbilly's, based on our local NC cousins' recommendation. They picked us up at our hotel and drove us over for dinner. We are a couple from Ohio who were visiting relatives in Gastonia. We love foreign travel and sometimes a little gastronomic adventure, but this place was the pits. Dirty and filthy, decrepit, it reminded me of a bus station snack bar. In South America.
I ordered a 4 ribs dinner for 12 bucks, which included french fries ( I could have had sweet potato fries) and slaw. Dried out, little meat. Good fries, slaw OK. Good sauce, I must say. Our cousins got the pulled pork for seniors; 6 dollars (no bread).
Halfway thru the meal I got upset, inside, and had to leave table. Go. There are no words to describe facilities there. I will leave it at that.

• Visited July 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Ribeye sandwich is awesome. I really like the bbq, but sometimes it is dry.”
Reviewed November 9, 2008

Ribeye sandwich is awesome. I really like the bbq, but sometimes it is dry.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook