“Good BBQ with good prices”

Hillbilly's Barbeque & Steaks
Ranked #29 of 238 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Wednesday is senior discount day but it was not crowded by 7:30. BBQ was good with great smoked chicken. I loved the selection of sides, especially sweet potatoes. Dinner for two with a beer, and tip was only $22.

There are newer reviews for Hillbilly's Barbeque & Steaks

Reviewed November 17, 2011

This place is just plain nasty all the way around.

Reviewed July 20, 2011

On a Thursday evening in mid July we found ourselves at Hillbilly's, based on our local NC cousins' recommendation. They picked us up at our hotel and drove us over for dinner. We are a couple from Ohio who were visiting relatives in Gastonia. We love foreign travel and sometimes a little gastronomic adventure, but this place was the pits. Dirty and filthy, decrepit, it reminded me of a bus station snack bar. In South America.
I ordered a 4 ribs dinner for 12 bucks, which included french fries ( I could have had sweet potato fries) and slaw. Dried out, little meat. Good fries, slaw OK. Good sauce, I must say. Our cousins got the pulled pork for seniors; 6 dollars (no bread).
Halfway thru the meal I got upset, inside, and had to leave table. Go. There are no words to describe facilities there. I will leave it at that.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Gastonia, North Carolina
Reviewed November 9, 2008

Ribeye sandwich is awesome. I really like the bbq, but sometimes it is dry.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook