“I love panera but not this one”
Review of Panera Bread

Panera Bread
Ranked #70 of 232 Restaurants in Gastonia
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“I love panera but not this one”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent visitor of panera...especially on road trips. Stopped at this panera at 8:20pm maybe it was too close to closing time. Service was ok. They handed me a buzzer for my order and the store was not busy. So much for the normal personal touch of calling you by name. When the lady placed my food on the counter she didn't even acknowledge my presence. just not the typical friendliness of panera employees.The food was just missing something.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank R W

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Extremely hard bread bowls & bread. Not worth it!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Wouldnt recomment it, regardless of what the hear say is. everyone tells me this place is great, so I decided to keep giving it chances. I love soup &bread, so I LOVE bread bowls, but the bread is always hard as a rock & the soup comes in a really small cup. The bread on the side is also always really hard, it hurt my teeth &I mouth & they aren't sensitive. 6 dollars & up for a hard bread bowl & watery soup all five times I went there was enough to really make me mad. I understand times are hard but it is a restaurant that specializes on bread & & they give you old stale bread? Not my idea of a "great" place to spend my hard earned money on.

• Visited August 2013
Murphy, North Carolina
“Always seems closed”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I love Panera Bread, but every time we've tried to stop in lately, it's been closed. Not sure what's going on but if I can catch them open, I'll eat there for sure. The bagels are some of the best around! Absolutely incredible!

Gastonia, North Carolina
“A Must Do”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Panera is a usual stop, they have wonderful breakfast and great sandwiches. Love the bakery, the staff is always kind and fast!

• Visited April 2013
“Great place to eat with a DRIVE THRU!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I know a lot of people come here for breakfast and lunch and enjoy it. I mainly come for dinner with my family (husband and 3 kids age 5, 3, and 8 months). I love eating there because my daughter has a dairy allergy and I do not eat any dairy. The staff is great at altering menu items such as breads to accommodate our needs and the food is great. My husband LOVES their French onion soup. The only other place he enjoys French onion soup is the Beef and Bottle in Charlotte. The other part I love about this location is the drive through! When you are running late and do not have a meal ready its nice to be able to run through the drive through and have a healthy meal instead of fast food. I've gone there with just the kids and I and had our food brought to the table. Once my sandwich came out with a cheese bread and they not only made a new one right away but gave the incorrect one to my husband to eat since he could have dairy! Great service!!!

Visited April 2013