“A myriad of fabric.”

Mary Jo's Cloth Store
Ranked #1 of 11 Shopping in Gastonia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I don't know why this is with restaurants because no food is allowed, but people come here from other states to shop for fabric. If MAry Jo doesn't have it, I don't know where you can find it.

1  Thank Hannah C
in 6 reviews
"mecca"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed December 31, 2012

If you are creative - sewing, sets,costume design, display, or god knows what else. Mary Jo's Cloth Store is the anchor to start your project. My understanding is people come from all over to shop this mega fabric and notions store... well worth the trip.

3  Thank AEN524
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I understand that I am in the minority of people who think this fabric store is a joke but I don't care. I'm so grateful I know that much better fabric stores exist, even though they're not in North Carolina. Is the place big? Yes. Do they have tons of printed cotton for quilting? Yes. But that's it. As a fashion designer they have NOOOOOO fashionable apparel fabric. Zilch. And the prices for the Joann looking hobby fabric is extremely overpriced! I think it's sad that so many people have no idea that there are wonderful fabric stores in the United States and they actually give cudos to Mary Jo's. If I could open a real fabric store in Gastonia/Charlotte I would because there are many here who do have a passion for sewing and have no idea what they're missing.

7  Thank karmelLosAngeles
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I found this under "Things to Do" in Gastonia and had to write a review. Mary Jo's is a great place with the largest selection I've ever seen. Their staff knows everything there is to know about fabric. If they don't know the answer they will find it for you. I love it and have been shopping here as long as I can remember.

4  Thank Amelia A
See more reviews
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Not much has changed at Mary Jo's has changed in 60 years - it is a huge store with tons of selections of cloth but do not expect a modern layout - not sure how you could bring a modern layout to a cloth store anyways. But do know what you are looking for and what you intend to do with it. DO NOT expect a worker to walk you through how to make a quilt if you have never sewn in your life. You wouldn't enter an auto parts store to buy things for an oil change had you never lifted the lid on your car. Some folks say the service is bad but it is just limited. They expect people to know what they want and why.

4  Thank lol751

Been to Mary Jo's Cloth Store? Share your experiences!