“Don't waste time NOT up to Chili's Standards”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #144 of 239 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I took my Mom, Husband and myself out for dinner, for Veterns Day. The resturant at this location is poorly staffed at the Hostess Station to start with. You go in, Give name and # in party, they say 20-30 minutes. After 50 minutes, went up to Hostess Station, my name COULD NOT be found. I saw guy write down then he was like, NO I DIDN"T. Finally 5 minutes later, we were seated. Try to order FREE Meal for Veterns, was told too late. Should have left then, but stayed. Ordered food, finally got it after 35 minutes, Triple Dipper, Caribean Salad and Big Mouth Bites. Food was cold, Shrimp on salad were not fit to eat. Big Dippers where over cooked and fries and onion strings cold, and the eggs rolls were mushy. Tried to talk to Manager but he never came out. To top it all off, bill was given, I put $60.00 in for a holder for a $41.35 bill, waitress picked up, and walked away. I waited 5 minutes for change, she never came back. I asked other wit staff to get her, she came back finally, asked what I needed, I told her CHANGE!! She said, oh I am sorry, came back few minutes later, gave me holder with $8.65 change. I told her she shorted me, wanted to argue, my husband tld her there was 3 $20.00 in holder when she picked it up, then she fumbled and in pocket and gave me the $10.00 due. She acted like was nothing, SORRY I WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY AND SHE WASN"T WORTH a 45% tip, nor a 19% tip. She got NONE due to trying to take my money. WILL NOT GO BACK TO THIS LOCATION.....BEWARE!!!

Reviewed August 26, 2011

I have eaten at a number of Chilis restaurants but the one in Gastonia is always tops. The place is always clean, the service is friendly and attentive and the food is always served quickly and hot. From the friendly greeting at the front door upon arrival and the "come back" when I'm leaving, everything is always great.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook