“Different atmosphere from most places in Gastonia”
Review of Rodi Med-American Grill - CLOSED

Rodi Med-American Grill
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We brought a visitor of ours to lunch at Rodi's ... they thought the atmosphere was unique, the food was okay. My wife and I have eaten there a couple of times. The service is good, but the food (while being a bit on the gourmet side) is just okay. There's no big flavor in much of anything they put out. The prices are a bit on the gourmet side of things, too, a little higher than other places that don't sell gourmet food. If you want a different atmosphere, a different kind of food (I had a Bison burger) than the regular ol' thang that's just okay, give Rodi's a try. We'll be back even though it's just okay food.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

The food was superb, where can you get blackened sashimi tuna with asparagus for 17.00.

Truly an AMAZING value awesome waiter and truly the best dining experience we have had since moving here

5++++ stars

1  Thank dragonus129
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Ate dinner here tonight. Shrimp and grits were just ok...grits tasteless, sausage/shrimp and sauce were tasty though. Appetizer of pita bread and humus & pimento spread were very good. My husband got the spinach pizza and said it was "ok." I would recommend for lunch, but not for dinner.

1  Thank _54231
Reviewed November 2, 2010

I was in Gastonia for one night on a business trip. Wanting to eat at a nice restaurant, I went on Google and this restaurant was rated very good by the locals -- in fact they said it was the best in Gastonia. If that is the case then the other restaurants must not be very good. I asked for a vodka martini straight up and it came in a glass suitable for "on-the-rocks". I said don't you have any martini glasses to which the waitress said yes. DUH.
I started with a nice Greek salad (glad I ordered the small as it was very big). Main course was tuna cooked rare. This was listed on the menu as "sushi grade" (or something similar -- indicating that it was not your regular grade). It was your standard variety tuna covered in black and white sesame seeds but it was tough and dry and the accompanying risotto was sticky and thick. When the waitress asked how everything was, I said in a disappointed tone of voice 'It was okay', to which she replied 'Oh, good'.
Would not recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank EnglishRebel
Reviewed May 20, 2009

Decorated with a great shabby-chic style, and the menu is just as eclectic. Try the pot roast and mashed potatoes, OH and the salmon!!