“Excellent food, great prices”

Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen
Ranked #9 of 245 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

My colleagues and I ate there for lunch two days in a row. The portions were huge and the prices were fantastic. Even with late lunches the place was packed. The only slight negative was slow service. It's worth the wait.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Had dinner here on 3-8-14. Server was good but I was definitely not happy with the food. Had grilled tilapia with baby carrots and broccoli & cheese casserole. Carrots were cold and broccoli & cheese was awful. Normally the cheese would be melted, it was like the cheese had been scooped out of a jar and dropped on. When I complained, the server brought out replacements - they were not much better. I asked for a manager and when he came over I explained the problem and he said "what do you want me to do?" He said he would credit my drink ($2.99 for tea) because "the food is where we make our money." I was extremely disappointed. Management was totally ignorant about what it takes to make customers come back.

2  Thank rhona b
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We just HAD to check out the new restaurant along with all the other mobs of people who had the same idea. The wait was horrible but the food was very good and abundant. Because it was so busy and the dining room was so big, it took awhile for the wait staff to get around. Walking to the bathroom was like an intricate dance. The noise level was awful also.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We are so pleased that Cheddars opened in Gastonia as is most of Gaston County, judging by the always full parking lot. The food and service is always outstanding & the atmosphere is very warm and pleasing. The servers and managers are very attentive but the food is excellent, plentiful and very tasty. I recommend Cheddars but go early if you don't want to wait in line.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Food wasn't good service sucks had to wait so long for A1 when I got it my steak was cool not to mention it was tough as all get out I'd rather eat a 2 dollar steak from the waffle house I have eat here 3 times and will not return.

1  Thank Alan C

Been to Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen? Share your experiences!