“Raw cold food and extremely slow service”
Review of Cheddar's

Cheddar's
Ranked #9 of 241 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Waited an hour for a table. When we finally sat down and ordered a drink we waited an additional 10-15 minutes because the waitress said the bar was backed up.
Waited nearly 40 minutes for our food. My aloha grilled chicken salad or whatever it was called was disgusting. I took a bite or two but something didn't taste right. Besides the fact the chicken was ice cold it was RAW in the middle. Waited another 10 minutes for a mgr. but no one came so my boyfriend had to chase one down who acted like she really didn't care. Serving raw food is dangerous. We will never go back. This place is too chaotic. Should have went to Tavern 24 for consistent good food and service

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Visiting my sister-in-law in Gastonia we decided to go to Cheddars, bad idea. To start with, we got there early and was told a 30 to 35 min. wait, you would think no problem. NOT we waited 45 mins. and I went to check, girl at hostess stand must had thought I was invading her terriotory when I asked how much longer until we where seated. I think it must have been difficult for her to flip the pages to check because every time she turned a page she mad a face in discuss. I was told there were nine people in front of use, OK I thought I would be patient and wait, wait I did. We waited another 40 mins. and began to notice people that got there after we did was being seatted. So I march myself back in and inform a person, looks to be of management that we have been waiting a long time and there people being seatted that arrived after us. She looked through her pages of names and low and behold our name was not on any of the list. I did have my pager they had given me when we got there. She told us we would be seatted right away, which they did, to a booth that must had a brand new waitress. Serivce was slow, my brother in law had to get up and chase someone down for water refill. Still didn't get the water until we were ready to leave. Food flavor was ok but could have been a little warmer, must have set before bringing it out. I will probably give it another chance but if the next visit is like this one I will not be going back.
Food- OK
Service- losy
Wait- way to long
Attitude of staff- Could be better
Overall this visit- Poor at best

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This month "Cheddars" opened in Gastonia. It is in a totally new facility, well designed and located for the Gastonia market. Currently as with all "new" restaurants it is very busy. You may eat in the bar which is a good alternative if you have limited time. I have only eaten there one time but found the menu and the food to be very good. I would consider it as moderately priced and good for a family and/or friends gathering. Service staff is very good. They want to establish the restaurant and do everything possible to be sure you are pleased. The portions provided are extremely large, much too large for my wife and I to eat at one sitting. Some may consider this a plus but my primary interest is in quality, atmosphere, and service. Cheddars provides this as well. I recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Made mistake and asked for a booth there were plenty available but, the hostess ran from place to place looking for a table. She was to busy entertaining her male hanger outers to properly do her job. Fries warm at best, Philly cheesesteak fairly good, wife had buffalo chicken wrap was average at best brocoli casserole was good. Service slow on drink refills. Not impressed enough for a return.

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We have ate here 2x in one week the food was great service amazing and the only complaint was the wait but really a new place is always a wait.. I recommend this place if you hate a wait go right after lunch or late at night. Keep up the awesome work Cheddars:-)

Been to Cheddar's? Share your experiences!