“Wonderful Food and Knowledgeable, Courteous Service”

Jia Asian Fusion & Sushi Bar
Ranked #3 of 245 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My wife and I ate at Jia Asian Fusion & Sushi Bar twice in the past five days. We were en route from our home in Virginia to Atlanta and stopped in Gastonia -- found Jia via Trip Advisor and other reviews. We were so pleased with our meal the first time that we made it a point to stay in Gastonia on the way home so we could dine there again.

On our first trip we started with several orders of Sashimi -- very fresh and tasty. My wife has a garlic allergy, so selecting dishes and counting on a restaurant to accommodate that is always a bit risky. Jia prepares everything fresh so it was no problem for them. She ordered Asian Grilled Scottish Salmon, which was grilled to perfection -- so good that she ordered the same on our second visit. For our first dinner I ordered Shrimp and Scallops in a Thai style chili sauce. I asked for it spicy and Jia did not disappoint. It was a great choice!

On our second visit we started with a Maki roll of shrimp tempura -- excellent!-- and then I ordered a garlic-free dish so that my wife and I could share both that and the salmon family style. With her grilled salmis we had Shanghai Ribs with Shrimp and Chicken and it was out of this world -- I don't know when I have had chicken so tender and tasty. By the way, entrees at Jia are all very generous, and our waitress, Suzan, was exceptionally friendly, attentive and helpful. Further, from our experience the price of everything was very reasonable. Total for each evening, including several beers, was less than $60. This is definitely one of our very favorite restaurants anywhere!

Reviewed May 23, 2014

A friend of mine has recommended the sushi at this restaurant for over 3 years and I kept putting it off because the location is over an hour from my home. I finally tried it for the first time this past February and I'm hooked! I have made the trip to eat their AMAZING sushi 5 times. You MUST try the Volcano roll (it's not on the menu). The staff is very friendly and it is a very cozy environment. This is the BEST sushi I have EVER had! You must try!

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

The food is wonderful and the staff is very friendly..I recommend the lettuce wraps. Great prices for the amount of food you get.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Had a craving for sushi for a long time, but was concerned about what I would get in Gastonia. Checked Jia's on Trip Advisor and all the reviews were excellent, so I thought I'd give it a try. Boy am I glad I did.

Ordered the regular sashimi dinner. Presentation was a work of art. Taste was delicious. My only regret was I hadn't gone sooner.

Service was very attentive and friendly.

Price was just under $20 but well worth it.

I'll definitely be back.

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Look I thought I would never eat sushi. I always had a thought of a fishy slimy experience, however when we ate sushi here I loved it and I can't get enough. Now let me tell you about the staff. Every staff member here are great and friendly.