“Ole Carolina BBQ is the best!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #77 of 229 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Gastonia, North Carolina
“Ole Carolina BBQ is the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We are lucky to enjoy so many good BBQ restaurants in our area! If you want the best BBQ, ribs or chicken & Brunswick Stew, then Ole Carolina BBQ is the best in my opinion! These folks know how to make good BBQ & it is always consistently good as is their Brunswick stew! You can drive all over the area but you wont find BBQ any better elsewhere than Ole Carolina!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank jslowery

“Wouldn't go out of my way.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were looking for something local, when passing through town. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there again, but it did the job.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
NC
“Very good BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

The place was packed during our lunch visit. The BBQ was very good. They have the "Lexington or Eastern style" sauce along with the thicker style. They offer pork, chicken, ribs, and various kinds of sandwiches. Our server was very attentive and kept coming by to refill our sweet tea. We will definitely return when in the area.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Tarheel74
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very busy all the time.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Its the rebirth of a BBQ restaurant which was sold, closed and now reopened I believe with the original family running the restaurant. Clearly a local favorite both during the lunch and and at night. The lot is always filled! If your a big fan of barbeques - you'll probably be happy

Visited October 2012
1 Thank AEN524
Jacksonville, FL
“I Dream About This Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

I make special trips to this place, because I live 500 miles away. Whenever I'm driving north from my home in Florida, I try to incorporate a visit here, even when it means driving out of the way. The barbecue is chopped, served with a sweet sauce. OK, a very sweet sauce. The hush puppies are to die for, or, as many as I eat, perhaps to die from. Available side items include standards like fries, onion rings, and cole slaw, all of which are satisfactory.

This is not fine dining. Jeans and a t-shirt, and you're dressed for dinner. Service is what it is, but it usually ranges from acceptable to excellent. The dining room appears clean and adequate. The charm of this place is on your plate. Definitely worth a try.

• Visited November 2012