“Great Lunch Specials”

AmberJack Seafood & Steaks
Ranked #14 of 238 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Eat here once a week, always fast service, food arrives quickly and hot, soup is included with the meal.

1  Thank elwoodblues0014
There are newer reviews for AmberJack Seafood & Steaks

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I often travel on business to Gastonia which I consider a culinary desert. When I find a place like this I celebrate. It's on New Hope Rd 5.9 miles south of Exit 20 on I-85. I was attracted by their menu on the internet indicating that they offer broiled seafood, a rarity in this area. I had the flounder, a generous portion that was well seasoned and cooked to perfection, flaky without being overdone. The accompanying salad bar was a bit minimal but OK. The basket of hush puppies that they present when you sit down are delicious but don't spoil your appetite on these, wait for the fish.

The decor is rather pedestrian, sort of what you would expect if a seafood restaurant hired Cracker Barrel's decorator. It features several mounted largemouth bass and a large blue marlin. I think that the only difference between people who go deep sea fishing and people who collect old millstones is that old millstones aren't slimy. But I digress.

The service was friendly and attentive. The prices are great. The house Chardonnay at 6 bucks a glass was definitely drinkable. They apparently have a high standard of cleanliness. I will be back.

2  Thank Ed N
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Flavorless, overly battered, fried stuff-we were only able to eat about 3 small bites of the flounder.. Save time and money and pick up something from the frozen section of your local grocery store. The best part of the meal was the hush puppies and I don't even like hush puppies. Our waitress was great although stretched thin as she had the whole large area AND was helping with a large dinner group.

1  Thank Marcia S
Reviewed June 21, 2014

While traveling I-85, two friends and I stopped in Gastonia for the night and chose Amberjack based on Tripadvisor reviews and its location near our hotel. We were not disappointed. We were impressed with the variety on the menu and the very reasonable prices. There truly was something for everyone. All 3 of us enjoyed our meal. I had broiled trout and my friends had the NY strip, both of which were specials that evening. The salad bar was fairly basic, but the ranch and Italian dressing tasted homemade. The hushpuppies and herb biscuits were delicious. My friend loved her broccoli and my mac and cheese was delicious. Both friends indicated their steaks had a fair amount of fat and gristle, but said it was flavorful, cooked to the requested "doneness" and was a very good value. I also enjoyed my fish, but regrettably ate too much bread so I was full by the time my food arrived. My fault, not theirs! Service was excellent, and despite arriving later in the evening, we were never rushed, our glasses were refilled and the waitress checked on us frequently, We left very satisfied. We noticed the desserts on our way out and the cakes looked fabulous. I will definitely go back to the Amberjack if I'm passing through Gastonia again.

2  Thank btlfan
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Super good fish and lots for the price. Disappointed salad bar wasn't included in my meal. The service was great and the place is super clean. Will go back again. BF had fried shrimp. They were huge. I was envious. I'm getting that next time. Flounder was great.

1  Thank Mo F