“Bones”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Belmont, North Carolina
“Bones”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We found one bone, on my last bite the first time we visited, but the flavor brought us back. The wait staff simply said “fish have bones.” Unfortunately when I brought my brother, who has a very delicate gag reflex, his first bite was a mouth full of bones. About the same time I got a bone and decided it was not worth trying to eat it. So we had two plates of inedible bones. Not wanting to cause a scene we discreetly mentioned this to our wait staff. Her response was “fish have bones.” I know when you pull fish out of the water they have bones, but generally speaking before you cook fish, it is customary to remove the bones. If I want to pick out the bones, I will do it at home and not pay someone else to do it for me. It is an expensive restaurant on par of a steakhouse and for us to not even receive an apology was appalling. We will never go back.

2 Thank S M

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good seafood”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is a large restaurant that has a good selection of seafood including crab legs.Crab cakes and scallops were excellent. Waitress was very friendly and provided good service. Also has a good selection of steaks including prime rib on fridays and saturdays. Will return. 5 miles from Daniel Stowe gardens.

• Visited December 2013
Kings Mountain, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We attended the Sunday Buffet.
They were very crowded. The bar was set up almost against the wall with the salad bar within a few feet beside. Traffic was one way.
The cube steak and gravy was at the lower part of the bar, the rice far up on the other end. To get rice and gravy I had to go around the bar twice which wasn't an easy feat.
The food was good but definitely not outstanding. Cube steak and shrimp were as good as one can get anywhere else, the fish fillets were somewhat dried out and tough.
One really good thing though, asparagus, it was cooked perfect.
Drink is extra, not unusual at most buffets BUT desserts were extras as well which to me seems chintzy.

1 Thank zandalee50
Clover, South Carolina
“Meh”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Went for a Friday nite dinner with my husband sans kids. Didn't want to get there right in the middle of rush hour, so we waited until about 7:15. Got seated right away, in a booth upon request, but took a few minuted to be greeted by our waitress. Drinks came out quick along with obligatory (frozen?) hush puppies and awesome (Red Lobster-like) biscuits. Ordered the special -Grouper, husband got fried shrimp. Waitress came back----out of Grouper, so I order prime rib PINK. (Whatever they called pink there. Specifically told them not brown in middle , PINK). Got brown in the middle prime rib swimming in au jus.. So I had my salad from the salad bar, au gratin potato (special side that nite) and wine for dinner. Was excited to go here. Amazing menu, but not excited to go back. Disappointed. OH, and I have NEVER been to a place where you had to tell the cashier what you are tipping so she can put it in the computer...weird.

1 Thank V W
Clover, South Carolina
“An undiscovered gem”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My gf and I were out and about seeking a new dining experience and happened across AmberJack Seafood here in Gastonia NC. We were seated immediately in a clean and friendly environment. The Menu is good and diverse and the staff was courteous and efficient.

OUr food arrived and I have to say it was cooked to perfection. The batter was delicious and fried to a nice golden brown, not at all greasy.

An excellent dining experience.

• Visited August 2013