“Decent Stay. Clean hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Gastonia

Motel 6 Gastonia
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
Hartford, Connecticut
“Decent Stay. Clean hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Me and My girlfriend do these things when we check in hotel: Check bedding and bathroom. If it's decent it's acceptable. We always bring discenfect spray everywhere we go and if you have paper towel just clean up a bit if you have germ thoughts like we do sometimes. I don't why the other gave such a bad review I use to come here when it was Microtel and it was very clean. M y opion now is that it's still clean. Somedays the housekeeper no matter where you go are going have a bad day just like we do at our jobs. I normally stay at Fairfield across town but its was booked. I mean for $50 a night this is a good stay. If you looking for spoiled anmenites then pay another $25 to $50 somewhere else. They have improved the condition of this hotel and it's in a safe area so I recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carlos c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tampa, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

I paid for 2 rooms, 1 for myself & 1 for my crew. The first room, #207 was infested with roaches(killed 5 in the first hour upon arrival) and there was a red and a yellow stain on the sheet that resembled blood and urine. I pulled back the sheets to reveal about 7 long hairs embedded in the pillow case. I told the front desk clerk about bug problem and she asked how big the roach was. I showed her the picture of the 5 I killed. The next room(230) was clean but the tv did not work. My crews room(213) was fairly clean but the a.c. barely worked and their neighbors were noisy and partied most of the night. I checked out the next day

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank CanesFanKen

Travelers are raving about these Gastonia hotels

Tulsa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

I wrote a review of this property right after it changed from a Microtel to a Motel6. I wrote a positive review because I felt that the new management had improved the property from the previous management. I have changed my mind.

I had used this location for my hotel needs in the Charlotte area for over a year after the changeover. While at first it had improved it gradually started slipping in the quality of accommodations to the level of service. On my last visit they refused to honor my existing reservation and would only put me in a room that did not meet my request. For me this is the final straw when it comes to using a property. I refused to accept the inferior room and instead stayed at the Holiday Inn right behind the property. While I had to pay almost double to stay at the Holiday Inn I was able to negotiate a better price for my future stays.

Therefore I can no longer recommend this property and would encourage anyone who is thinking of using it to find another option

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Craig K
Raleigh, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

I stayed overnight as part of a larger trip. The price was in-line with this type of motel, and the room was perhaps a bit better than most discount rooms. Everything was clean and in good working order.

I think these were the thinnest bed sheets and cover that I've ever seen. That wasn't a problem- the heater/AC was working fine, but it could use a blanket as the weather gets cold.

I also had a bit of difficulty getting connected to the wi-fi- the signal was somewhat weak, but I was able to get all my work done once I did get connected. My room was toward the end away from the office; you might want to get a room closer to the office.

Overall, I thought it was a decent value, and I slept very well, there was no noise or problems at all.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank htomc42
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We were looking for a cheap place to stop for the night. The price was right for 3 people. The bedsheets were very rough and ragged. The chair looked like it had come from the dump. There was only fast food choices to eat. I would recommend going to the next exit down the road. I went to the front desk and asked for another towel since we had 3 people. The very young girl at the desk said that there were none available til morning if we could wait. I asked why she couldnt get one from any empty room and she said all rooms were full. This was quite hard to believe. I would not send anyone to this place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mtnlover1010
Sevierville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2011

We came to this motel 6 after staying in the epitome of Motel 6's. This place is a work in progress. I can't complain after what we came from. The evening and 3rd shift staff was very helpful. Martin was great. He helped me calm down on the phone and assured me everything would be ok. Brittany was also nice (I hope that's her name) The first shift staff however, I wasn't too crazy about. Brittany put us in for a late checkout and for us NOT TO BE BOTHERED! However, 1st shift didn't do that. They kept calling and coming by our room to see if we were checking out WAY before checkout time, regular check out time. And we had late checkout. So that made us upset after all the other issues from the first hotel and we were just trying to relax. We would've stayed here the next night if they hadn't been so pushy on getting us out. We already had a reservation for the next night in the computer but we just checked on out and went to a new motel. The walls are dirty and in need of paint. I saw a carpet termite killing bug spray in the downstairs so I do not know if they have carpet termites or not.....I do not know what they are. The sheets and bed was comfortable. The outlets on the wall need replaced and fixed. However, all in all, if you aren't looking for luxury and just a cheaper ok place...this is it. No major problems. The place is obviously cleaned and big for a hotel room. As we were leaving they were painting, so I'd say it would be ok when they get everything done.

Room Tip: Know what you are looking for ask questions
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BStinnett
Mount Airy, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

My stay here was ok... (Room # 215).. Front desk clerk was freindly.
The bedding and bath linens were clean, the TV and a/c worked fine. Shower was fine.
Sure it is an older facility and the walls in the bathroom needed some new paint. but the carpet in the room was in good condition. We didn't have any problems to complain about at this location. Just a quick stop over and off to work the next morning. They don't do breakfast but there was free coffee in the lobby in the morning. They did have free WIFI .
If you have a lot to carry in you might want to ask for a ground floor room as there was no elevator.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor as there was no elevator.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Motel6NightAudit, Front Desk at Motel 6 Gastonia, responded to this review, May 25, 2011
Thank you very much for your kind and welcome review. We appreciate your input on how to make our hotel a better place and letting us know what, if anything, we could have done better. So a big Thank You and Come back and see us again from the front desk and all the staff here at Motel 6.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia
#5 of 15 in Gastonia
Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia
Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia
WoodSpring Suites Charlotte Shelby

Been to Motel 6 Gastonia? Share your experiences!