“Ok for what you pay for”
Review of Motel 6 Gastonia

Motel 6 Gastonia
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
Reviewed May 25, 2011

We came to this motel 6 after staying in the epitome of Motel 6's. This place is a work in progress. I can't complain after what we came from. The evening and 3rd shift staff was very helpful. Martin was great. He helped me calm down on the phone and assured me everything would be ok. Brittany was also nice (I hope that's her name) The first shift staff however, I wasn't too crazy about. Brittany put us in for a late checkout and for us NOT TO BE BOTHERED! However, 1st shift didn't do that. They kept calling and coming by our room to see if we were checking out WAY before checkout time, regular check out time. And we had late checkout. So that made us upset after all the other issues from the first hotel and we were just trying to relax. We would've stayed here the next night if they hadn't been so pushy on getting us out. We already had a reservation for the next night in the computer but we just checked on out and went to a new motel. The walls are dirty and in need of paint. I saw a carpet termite killing bug spray in the downstairs so I do not know if they have carpet termites or not.....I do not know what they are. The sheets and bed was comfortable. The outlets on the wall need replaced and fixed. However, all in all, if you aren't looking for luxury and just a cheaper ok place...this is it. No major problems. The place is obviously cleaned and big for a hotel room. As we were leaving they were painting, so I'd say it would be ok when they get everything done.

Room Tip: Know what you are looking for ask questions
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BStinnett

Reviewed May 22, 2011

My stay here was ok... (Room # 215).. Front desk clerk was freindly.
The bedding and bath linens were clean, the TV and a/c worked fine. Shower was fine.
Sure it is an older facility and the walls in the bathroom needed some new paint. but the carpet in the room was in good condition. We didn't have any problems to complain about at this location. Just a quick stop over and off to work the next morning. They don't do breakfast but there was free coffee in the lobby in the morning. They did have free WIFI .
If you have a lot to carry in you might want to ask for a ground floor room as there was no elevator.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor as there was no elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Motel6NightAudit, Front Desk at Motel 6 Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2011

Thank you very much for your kind and welcome review. We appreciate your input on how to make our hotel a better place and letting us know what, if anything, we could have done better. So a big Thank You and Come back and see us again from the front desk and all the staff here at Motel 6.

Reviewed March 7, 2011

You get what you pay for but I wasn’t expecting it to be THAT bad. The carpet smelled bad, LOTS of OBVIOUS stains on the carpet holes in the wall FILTHY sheets they had to change them and I had to help the Manager change sheets and it just so happened that she had just washed some (OH YES I HELPED HER CHANGE SHEETS) I’ve never had to walk into a hotel and be my own housekeeper!!!!we went to the Family Dollar 20min hike (we where dropped off) and Bought my own whets, air freshner we already paid for the room so we had to make the best of it there where events in the city so all hotels where pretty much booked up for the entire weekend.

Run Down of what they call a Motel:
Hair in the beds (I was so scared) I didn’t sleep
Filthy shower curtain (we bought our own liners)
Lots of holes in what they considered a blanket
Phone DID NOT WORK!!!!
Sticky substance on the nightstand
Hole in bathroom door
Stains on sheets in both beds
Stains on the toilet seat
NASTY towels (very used they need new guest towels)
NO IRON NO IRONING BOARD (we had to buy our own)
THE WORST EXPERIENCE I’ve ever had as a guest anywhere hotel or motel…please RUN don’t ever stay at the Motel 6 in Gastonia, NC Broadcast Street it is HORRIBLE don’t torture yourself even though its cheap you would think you walked into a NIGHTMARE!! Just pay the extra money and RUN stay someplace else there is a very nice Holiday Inn Express DIRECTLY next door!!!!
Run from this place…seriously no exaggeration people!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2011

We came here after staying in another hotel with ROACHES. This hotel was nice and clean. Comfortable. We will stay here again when visiting family in NC.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2010

We were very happy with our stay at this Motel 6. It was exactly what we needed, a clean, decent place to stay on a long, cross-country drive. Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms are small, but they offer free we-fi, a microwave and small refrigerator. (We didn't need the community washer and drier, but for the record the washer was broken and unavailable.) For the price, we were very satisfied.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I had stayed at this location in the past when it was a Microtel. I was so bad that I started staying at a motel 50 miles away so that I could find a decent room. I decided to give it a try again since it had changed to a Motel 6. I don't know if they have changed ownership but for $35 for one nights stay it is now an incredible bargain. It was very clean and everything worked great. The front desk person was great except for the fact that he recommended the restaurant located next door and that turned out no to be too good. I would definitely recommend this property.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2010

This is probably the nicest Motel 6 I have ever stayed in. I think it is an old Holiday Express. Room were great, they are pet friendly and I had a great experience for the price.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo