“Not bad but a few issues”

Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
Reviewed September 12, 2009

We stopped for a few nights while visiting the Charlotte area. Generally things were okay and about what you would expect for an out of town marriot hotel. Upon arrival we found some bugs in the room/drawers so wouldn't unpack, As it was late we slept in the room and were moved to a room higher up in the hotel, on the front, with a balcony the next morning. Breakfast was okay, fresh omlets were available, but the breakfast staff weren't over friendly. Upon return to the UK we recieved a credit card statement charging us again for our stay. There had been some confussion, as we had been moved, they tried to charge us for the two nights we spent in the other room. However although this was hassle we didn't really need in their defence, once informed of their error, our card was quickly recredited.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed September 8, 2009

We stayed at this hotel on our way south and it was nice. Everything was clean and overall I got what I expected. It is a Courtyard so no breakfast (i'm not sure if this is all of them) but there is a Waffle House next to it and a few other places right next to the hotel if you want some food...they also have food at the hotel if you want but like going out.

I'm I had to make some recommendations it would be that the bed was a little hard compared to what I am used to (nothing major at all!).

Overall a nice stay and I'd stay again. On the way back home from my trip I stayed at another hotel at the same exit (like 4-5 hotels right next to each other) and it was nice too so you can't go wrong in that area. Cheap prices using priceline as well.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I came with my husband, two young kids and my in-laws. I booked two double beds with a sofa bed. It was MORE than enough room for the six of us and for a great price. We also had a balcony which was perfect for my inlaws that smoke and love to drink coffee in the morning enjoying the view. The breakfast was great for the kids, and a Waffle House was beneficial for my inlaws who walked across the street for alone time. We were there during two family reunions and two weddings, although it was busy, they still managed to serve us with efficiency. I had a special of a $20 Visa Card for booking my room that weekend and I had to remind them about it. My husband had to complain about the ice maker being dirty a couple of times and then they cleaned it. But besides that, we always come back to this hotel when we visit my sister in law and her family. It is about 30-40 mins. from Carowinds. So good luck.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2009

The property appears to be recently renovated, and nicely done. The A/C had two settings: sub-zero or off. The King sized bed was not so comfortable and had only a sheet and very thin comforter, so was cold all night. Breakfast was what I have come to expect at Courtyards - marginal quality. The location is convenient, right off I-85 and not far from Charlotte.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2009

We had a wonderful time!!
I called all over the place to find somwhere that had a jacuzzi in our room.. finally in Gastonia of all places they said they did!
We decided to go there.. we walked across the street to Texas Roadhouse.. had great food and then went back to the room and enjoyed it!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2009

The good news is that the staff was very helpful and the rooms were quite nice for this level of hotel. The bad news is that the stopper in the bathrom sink did not work and somehow the hotel staff could not fix it despite 3 requests. Also no hot water, depsite requests. And the iron leaked. I asked that the iron be switched out and that seemed to have happened. The room was pretty quiet and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was reasonably priced. Mainly they need to work on some building systems. Incidentally, the restaurants the manager recommended were all good. She judged correctly the level we were looking for and we were not disappointed. Oh yes, a colleague found it creepy to have the sink in the part of the room with carpeting. Once he pointed it out, I didn't like that aspect either. The services we got using a conference room was very good. WiFi access was free and easy to access.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2008

Just outside Charlotte, NC on I-85, this Courtyard is a little better than the several dozen I've stayed in throughout North America. Great lobby, very clean, safe area that's close to restaurant and a nearby hospital complex. Good for families and travelers just heading down the road.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gastonia
Comfort Suites
#4 of 15 in Gastonia
Best Western Gastonia
#6 of 15 in Gastonia
Eagle Lake
Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel
Second Ward
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Uptown

Been to Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia? Share your experiences!