Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Suites(Gastonia)
$62
$50
  • Pool
  • Room Service
All reviewsfront deskdouble showerfire pitafter driving hourscomfortable hotelmarriott propertiesroom was cleanbusiness centersouthern hospitalitygreat customer servicestaff was friendlyeasy accesslots of restaurantsan overnight stayindoor poolfitness centerwaffle house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I came with my husband, two young kids and my in-laws. I booked two double beds with a sofa bed. It was MORE than enough room for the six of us and for a great price. We also had a balcony which was perfect for my inlaws that smoke and love to drink coffee in the morning enjoying the view. The breakfast was great for the kids, and a Waffle House was beneficial for my inlaws who walked across the street for alone time. We were there during two family reunions and two weddings, although it was busy, they still managed to serve us with efficiency. I had a special of a $20 Visa Card for booking my room that weekend and I had to remind them about it. My husband had to complain about the ice maker being dirty a couple of times and then they cleaned it. But besides that, we always come back to this hotel when we visit my sister in law and her family. It is about 30-40 mins. from Carowinds. So good luck.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2009

The property appears to be recently renovated, and nicely done. The A/C had two settings: sub-zero or off. The King sized bed was not so comfortable and had only a sheet and very thin comforter, so was cold all night. Breakfast was what I have come to expect at Courtyards - marginal quality. The location is convenient, right off I-85 and not far from Charlotte.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2009

We had a wonderful time!!
I called all over the place to find somwhere that had a jacuzzi in our room.. finally in Gastonia of all places they said they did!
We decided to go there.. we walked across the street to Texas Roadhouse.. had great food and then went back to the room and enjoyed it!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2009

The good news is that the staff was very helpful and the rooms were quite nice for this level of hotel. The bad news is that the stopper in the bathrom sink did not work and somehow the hotel staff could not fix it despite 3 requests. Also no hot water, depsite requests. And the iron leaked. I asked that the iron be switched out and that seemed to have happened. The room was pretty quiet and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was reasonably priced. Mainly they need to work on some building systems. Incidentally, the restaurants the manager recommended were all good. She judged correctly the level we were looking for and we were not disappointed. Oh yes, a colleague found it creepy to have the sink in the part of the room with carpeting. Once he pointed it out, I didn't like that aspect either. The services we got using a conference room was very good. WiFi access was free and easy to access.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2008

Just outside Charlotte, NC on I-85, this Courtyard is a little better than the several dozen I've stayed in throughout North America. Great lobby, very clean, safe area that's close to restaurant and a nearby hospital complex. Good for families and travelers just heading down the road.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)