“Decent accommodations” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
McKinney, TX
“Decent accommodations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2009

The property appears to be recently renovated, and nicely done. The A/C had two settings: sub-zero or off. The King sized bed was not so comfortable and had only a sheet and very thin comforter, so was cold all night. Breakfast was what I have come to expect at Courtyards - marginal quality. The location is convenient, right off I-85 and not far from Charlotte.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Greensboro, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2009

We had a wonderful time!!
I called all over the place to find somwhere that had a jacuzzi in our room.. finally in Gastonia of all places they said they did!
We decided to go there.. we walked across the street to Texas Roadhouse.. had great food and then went back to the room and enjoyed it!!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2009

The good news is that the staff was very helpful and the rooms were quite nice for this level of hotel. The bad news is that the stopper in the bathrom sink did not work and somehow the hotel staff could not fix it despite 3 requests. Also no hot water, depsite requests. And the iron leaked. I asked that the iron be switched out and that seemed to have happened. The room was pretty quiet and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was reasonably priced. Mainly they need to work on some building systems. Incidentally, the restaurants the manager recommended were all good. She judged correctly the level we were looking for and we were not disappointed. Oh yes, a colleague found it creepy to have the sink in the part of the room with carpeting. Once he pointed it out, I didn't like that aspect either. The services we got using a conference room was very good. WiFi access was free and easy to access.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2008

Just outside Charlotte, NC on I-85, this Courtyard is a little better than the several dozen I've stayed in throughout North America. Great lobby, very clean, safe area that's close to restaurant and a nearby hospital complex. Good for families and travelers just heading down the road.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Elkhart, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2008

I stayed here in December, 2007 and got a king suite for about $169 + tax and it was a very nice room. Huge living room with TV and desk area, a couple of chairs, small sofa, refrigerator and wet bar.

The bedroom was separated by a door and the bath and vanity area off the bedroom.

Off the bedroom was also an outside patio / balcony with a table and a couple of chairs.

I stayed here in January 2008 and got a regular single room for $119 + tax. The photos I'm uploading are of that single room.

My only complaints about this hotel are:
-- Pepsi products instead of Coke products.
-- They don't have WiFi. They do have an ethernet Internet connection in the rooms, but in my single room, the Internet wasn't accessible. I called the front desk and they immediately sent up a replacement ethernet cable, but it didn't work. The problem was it wasn't getting service from the wall... not that the cable was dysfunctional.

I normally check Internet connection immediately when I check into a hotel so I can switch rooms before I unpack if necessary, but this time I just dropped my off my bags in the room so I could meet someone for dinner and by the time I returned to the room, it was too late to be thinking about moving to a new room.

The room was clean and comfortable. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast is very nice. Not just juice and rolls, but also eggs, bacon, potatoes, grits, etc.

• Liked — Nice lobby, comfortable room, great breakfast.
  • Disliked — No WiFi, no Diet Coke
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kingsville, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2007

Very nice property and good location- quick access to airport and less expensive than other hotels in Charlotte. Read other reviews- I have no complaints. The usual updated Courtyard property. Needed to print something for business and the open access PC was being used by a student- so I mentioned something to the desk and they let me use their computer to get and print an email. This was a very nice touch. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast buffet had biscuits and gravy ( nice southern touch).

No issues with noise at the location at all. Great stay- I have been there 3 times and when I travel to Charlotte, this will be the place I stay.

Stayed October 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2006

We stayed in this hotel over the mamorial day weekend, which is also the same weekend of the Coka-Cola 600 at Lowes Motor Speedway. The hotel was very clean and the room was very clean. We stayed in a 2 queen bed room and there was still plenty of room to move around. The room also had a work desk and another chair to relax. Our room also had a balcony, but we didnt use do to the sound coming from I-85. We didnt hear anything from the road when the door was closed. The bathroom was large enough but the bathrooms need to have exhaust fans installed.
The lobby area was very clean and maintained. We had breakfast at the hotel each morning and you could have either a continental breakfast or you could go to the buffet breakfast they have each morning. They had a wide variety of items to include, eggs, scrambled or made to order, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy, waffles or pancakes, lots of fruit, and muffins and danishes.
The hotel also offers a free business center that we could use 24 hours a day and the computer was fast and the wait wasnt very long.
This hotel is only about 30 miles to the Lowes speedway, so it made for an easy day coming home after a long day at the races.

• Stayed May 2006
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia
BEST WESTERN Gastonia
#4 of 15 in Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross
Holiday Inn Express Kings Mountain

Been to Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia? Share your experiences!