Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Suites(Gastonia)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
Budget Inn(Gastonia)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskdouble showerfire pitafter driving hourscomfortable hotelmarriott propertiesroom was cleanbusiness centersouthern hospitalitygreat customer servicestaff was friendlyeasy accesslots of restaurantsan overnight stayindoor poolfitness centerwaffle house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The hotel itself is nice and average-nothing spectacular but certainly not dirty or run down. The problem is the paper thin walls which allow you to hear EVERYTHING occurring in the rooms around you and in the hallway-not ideal when you have a 7 month old. And when a toddler in the room next to you is screaming just for fun at 10:30 pm and wakes up your infant and you call the front desk to either call the room to handle the issue or have you move to another room, the response is, "well, I certainly can't tell a child to be quiet." Then, at 2:30 am, you are awoken by the people above you stomping around and having a party. And while these would be a problem at most hotels, the true issue here is that you can clear as day hear the conversations people are having at normal octaves in the rooms around you. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. Please accept my apologies for any of the disturbances that you overheard from other guestrooms. It's our goal to provide you with a clean, properly functioning, and comfortable experience and it seems as if our other guests made that a challenge. We hope to have another opportunity to provide you with the same product but with a much more quiet stay. Please travel safe and thank you again for your TripAdvisor post.

Regards,

Charles E. Jones Sr.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I walked in around 9 pm worried I wouldn't find an available room but to my surprise the concierge, Jonay, was more than willing to help me find a room. I came in for a king size bedroom with a jacuzzi but he gave us a presidential room for the same price due to the fact that they were out of king size bedrooms with whirlpools. He went above and beyond to satisfy his guests. I was very impressed by his excellent customer service and by the room itself. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Jonay IS the man! Thank you so much for stopping in and experiencing our hotel. It sounds like Jonay gave you the best suite in the building and it will be here when you're back in Gastonia, NC. Please be informed that we're about to start our Lobby Renovation and offer a dinner option with a full bar.

I have shared your compliments with Jonay and the team. Thanks again a travel safe!!

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I just stayed at this very Convenient Hotel again on a trip to Gastonia NC. It is located perfectly on 85 south. The Rates are always good. The Staff is very nice. The rooms are clean & they have all the Needs a traveler could want . There Breakfast is even top Notch. Value for the money is the best way to describe it. Well worth looking into.

• Stayed: August 2013
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thanks so much for returning to your home in Gastonia John B. My team and I really appreciate your choice to stay with us and the great compliments about your experience. I must agree with you about the current breakfast option being top notch....year over year the Cafe' team remains within the top 50 of all 845 Courtyards nationwide. Your motiviation will increase their ranking for sure! Thank you again and please stay tuned for our Lobby Refresh starting within the next month.

Safe travels!!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The front desk associate (Heather?) was extremely accommodating. She recommended several restaurants offering local flavor along with driving directions. You can tell this lodging property includes hospitality training in their program. Even other motel staff members went out of their way to speak to us. Our room was nicely decorated, clean, and the beds were comfortable. The courtyard was very pleasant with a relaxing seating area. GREAT rate too!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you so much for praising our team at the Courtyard! Our goal is to be successful in making guests feel as comfortable as possible while being away from home. We realize that there are other choices in our city but we're excited that you chose us and we look forward to being your ONLY lodging choice! :) Hurry back and travel safely!

Regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We arrived about 745pm and being. a Marriott rewards member, we expected a lot. We got much more. We met Jonay who made us feel like we were home.
He recommended the restaurants, the attractions in downtown Charlotte, and made our stay upon arrival like a wonderful honeymoon.

We will come back here because of how we were treated as well as the facility is in excellent condition.
Being treated as VIPs by being treated kindly made all the difference to my wife and I.

• Stayed: July 2013
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Jonay is indeed the man! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel and interacting with Jonay. He's a strong team player and makes the difference with every guest experience. Your kind words about our hotel means so much and you've helped me motivate my team. We're fortunate and glad to have you as a loyal guest. Please let me, Jonay, or anyone on my team know if we can be of assistance to you on your next trip back to Gastonia, NC. Travel safe and thanks for being a Marriott Rewards Member!