“Great comfort and old school breakfast”

Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I am not a fan of the new "cafe" style breakfast area that Courtyard is moving towards in most of its locations. This property has the traditional style, which I prefer. Great service. Comfortable stay. I would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you Bassra for both staying with us and sharing your experience about your stay. We are definitely one of the few remaining All You Can Eat Buffet option hotels currently and in fact, we will be renovating within the next few months. This new Bistro concept will be very different, however, we will still provide exceptional service. We look forward to your return and to tour our new Lobby soon. My team and I can't thank you enough again for your great choice in lodging!

Travel safe and we"ll be right here the next time you traveling through Gastonia, NC!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

not all 3 star hotels are equal. this was one of the nicer ones. great room, comfy beds, quiet, nice lobby. would have been nicer if the breakfast was free, but still a nice stay. only drawback was the exercise room was cardio only.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thanks for a great review of our hotel. We're excited that you chose to stay with us against the competition. Our lobby is quite spacious and is scheduled to begin renovation within the next month. After adding more options to keep you at the hotel, we'll continue to provide the product you expect while traveling with Marriott. My team and I appreciate your kind remarks and look forward to your return!

Travel safe and hurry back! :)

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have had several trips to Gastonia NC and have stayed in several of the motels there.
The Courtyard by Marriott is, like all the others, clean, in good repair, with coffee available 24/7, breakfast buffet, courteous staff, swimming pool.
It has a refrigerator in the room, like all the others, but with the refrigerator temperature adjustment very awkward to access.

It distinguishes itself from the others:
It has hot breakfast available with fresh eggs;
The rooms are much more spacious with larger windows and more sunlight, several with balconies;
the lobby and business areas are more spacious;
They have better free hors d'oeuvres, more often;
The swimming pool is indoors, usable in the winter;
There is no microwave in the rooms;
Horrible music plays 24/7, loud outside, softer but still bothersome inside, clearly audible in the business center;
The available computers are unbelievably slow;
There is a charge for the breakfast buffett - about $7.00 for the cold buffet and $10.00 for the buffet including fresh eggs.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thanks for your post Daniel. We appreciate your choice to stay with us and recognize how we differ from our competitors. You shared a very detailed experience that helps us make sure you're more comfortable during your next stay. We look forward to your return and if its after Summer time, you will be able to enjoy our new Bistro Lobby. Please contact us directly for more details on your next reservation.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have stayed here for business in March 2013.
Really comfortable hotel and nice people. Rooms were really clean and comfortable
They do not have a restaurant but there are some outside of the hotel anyway.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you HenriK84 for staying with us! We're excited that you were comfortable and enjoyed our hotel. No restaurant yet but we do have the Omelet made your way ALL YOU CAN EAT Breakfast option with a top notch service team waiting for your return. We are scheduled to begin our Lobby Refresh with our new Breakfast cooked to order option and evening meals with a full bar. Please stay tuned and hurry back!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

There were several of us from our company with reservations made a month in advance. When we show up they tell us that we have been moved to another hotel and they screwed that up also we found ourselves without rooms but the other hotel next door stepped up and took care of us.

Stayed: March 2013
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thanks for sharing your experience TexNichols. Please accept my apologies for our hotel being overbooked on your arrival date. This is a rare issue for us and we definitely hated not being able to accommodate your stay. We hope to have another opportunity to provide you with the service you expect from our hotel and team. If I can be of any assistance to you, please don't hesitate to let me know.

We hope to see you again and travel safely!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Every time we seen the staff they spoke to us and was very friendly. Everyone was helpful. Breakfast was great, ladies where friendly. pool was nice and clean.Housekeeping was very nice and brought us extra towels. GM and Asst GM was nice and took the time to ask us how was everything. Most GM dont take the time to ask how was everything.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Well, thank you FireFighterwife79! We appreciate your choice to stay us and sharing your observations. I hope that you felt at home while being away from home. I have shared your review with our team and our Breakfast Hostess Amina certainly remembers you! :)

Thanks again for staying with us and for being so much fun! Hurry back!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a follow up review to one I made in 2012. I recently stayed at the property again and had the same courteous service, and the property is still well maintained. The only blip regarding the room was the hair dryer was missing (which I discovered in the morning), but the housekeeping staff snagged one out of an unoccupied room across from me. Problem solved.

The property is very convenient to I-85 and within 3 miles you have plenty of food and shopping options. The drawback to the property is it sits on a hill above the freeway. Which means plenty of highway noise and there is nothing that provides a buffer. A good portion of the hotel extends back away and you are protected from the sound. Those are the rooms to get.

Unfortunately, they were full and I didn’t get a room on one of the back wings. My room was on the front facing I-85. My concerns were supported about the noise as it sounded like a speedway. I could not generate a continual white noise with the A/C and ultimately resorted to available resources to make earplugs, which did help dampen the sound. This little experience was a lesson to remember my earplugs for times you wind up in a room with road noise.

My recommendation, always ask for a room on the rear wings. If not available, try to be as low as possible on the front to maybe lessen the road noise. Other than this issue, this is really a nice property and I’ll stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for returning Bulldogg!! I'm so glad we were able to accommodate you because we've been so busy lately. Just give us a call next time and we'll make sure you get the quiet side so you can sleep much more peacefully. I have shared your kind remarks with my team and we are waiting for your return!!

Thanks again and travel safe!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gastonia
Comfort Suites
#7 of 15 in Gastonia
Second Ward
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Uptown
Best Western Gastonia
#5 of 15 in Gastonia
Eagle Lake
Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel

Been to Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia? Share your experiences!