“Excellent service and value”

Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
Rock Hill, South Carolina, United States
“Excellent service and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to treat ourselves to a "staycation" close to home and chose the Courtyard in Gastonia as our weekend retreat. We were greated warmly upon arrival- which was very nice after a long week of work for both of us. Upon asking for restaurant recommendations closeby, the front desk associate was extremely helpful and provided us a list of local restaurants and his own personal reviews of a few. That sort of personal service can be hard to come by these days and it didn't go unnoticed. Our room was clean and comfortable and my "techie" of a boyfriend was impressed with the speed and quality of the free internet provided- he travels very often for work and can be easily frustrated by a spotty connection. We would definitely stay at this property again and have already recommended it to friends and family who are coming into the area.

Room Tip: Request a balcony if it's a nice night!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! This is a great experience to share with my team and thank you for mentioning the great internet connection. We have just recently updated our system and have had little to no issues for our guests to log on. This is extremely important when traveling on business or the everyday need for online access. We pride ourselves on a clean accommodation and we look forward to doing it all over again!!

Travel safe and thanks for choosing Courtyard by Marriott of Gastonia, NC!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Modesto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

My favorite place to stay while on business near Charlotte. Extremely friendly faces, clean rooms and perfect service time after time. No need to spend extra dollars in Charlotte hotels while you have a 5 stars hotel right there off 85, 10 minutes from the city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
5 Star treatment for our 5 Star guests which is you! Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your experience. You're absolutely right for choosing our hotel and comparing us to hotels that aren't far away in distance but surely much more expensive. We'll be right here waiting for your return trip to Gastonia, NC!

Thanks for sharing your experience and please travel safe!
Raleigh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I’m well traveled due to my profession and travel often internationally and to major cities domestically so I usually have a larger selection of hotels to choose from. I have become accustomed to lodging in 4-star + and boutique hotels and resorts. However, due to business directly in Gastonia, my options were limited. I’ll be first to say my stay at the Courtyard Marriott in Gastonia has forever changed my perception of selecting hotel accommodations. My GPS had me totally lost. I called the front desk for directions. Not only did they provide accurate directions, they were very patient and remained on the phone with me until I reached the parking lot. The GM, Charles (I think) was the first to greet me as I arrived with that southern hospitality I don’t often get when I travel other places.The lobby, my room/bathroom was SUPER clean and appeared to be newly renovated. I accidentally left my shower shoes at home and I wasn’t even grossed out without them. The Waffle House and Cracker Barrel are my 2 fav eateries in the entire universe and they are literally in walking distance to this hotel. Every staff member I came into contact with was exceptionally friendly and professional with tons of personality. Amazingly quiet! My company is going to love my expense reports going forward. Er

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your great review! It excites my team to no end when we hear this type of an experience. We would like to think we're the best but its valued guests like yourself that really confirm that we have it right. We couldn't provide this type of product without bonds with travelers that really appreciate a clean and comfortable accommodation. I have shared this entire review with my team and we look forward to being your exclusive lodging choice whenever you're in Gastonia, NC.

Travel safe....
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stopped in Gastonia, NC on my travels to SC for the holiday. I truly enjoyed my experience at this hotel as the staff and facility itself is "top notch" to say the least. I enjoyed the bright and modern atmosphere along with the wonderful customer service that I experienced during my stay. I will continue to use this location as my stopping point for my future trips traveling south.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you Ms. Cristina W! I'm happy that we could accommodate you during the holidays especially. We look forward to having you back long before the holidays roll back around. Our team in the Cafe' remembers your warm smile and laughter! Hurry back!

Thanks for staying with Courtyard Gastonia!
Daytona Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Good restful nights sleep. Nothing to make this Courtyard stand out. Everything was clean. The room was large and there was plenty of of hot water. The staff while not jumping to help were efficient at there jobs. The hot coffee in the lobby was good, fresh and hot. (and free). Like all Courtyards the do have a restaurant but we chose not to eat there. Cracker Barrel next door. We'd stay here again as we are passing thru. But not if we were staying more than one night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your travels. I'm excited that you appreciated our spacious and clean guestrooms. Be advised that we offer jacuzzi rooms and suites as well which are even larger. Our team's mission is to make sure you are comfortable and relaxed while staying over. Thanks again for sharing your experience and we look forward to accommodating you on your return trip!

Happy New Year and travel safe!
Kure Beach
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our stay in the Courtyard was around the Christmas holiday and while the hotel seemed clean there were several noticable stains on the floor and chair. The shower was good and the bathroom, though dated, also clean. the small in room refridgerator kept things very cold and there was a microwave in the lobby.

The hotel has a $10 breakfast but we did not use it, there was a Waffle House across the access road.

It was quiet enough very near the mall and rigth off the intrestate. we have also stayed in the Comfort suite right next door and i would say the lodging is comperable, i would book the best rate between the two.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for posting your experience on TripAdvisor. We definitely aren't perfect, however, we appreciate your choice to stay with us especially during the holidays. I'm glad it was a quiet and clean accomodation for you. I am sorry to learn that you didn't get to enjoy our Omelet made your way and All you can eat Breakfast option. Our team in the Cafe' is ranked amongst the top 30 of all 835 Courtyards nationwide in service and variety of food. We look forward to making your next experience with us one that will clearly outline the difference from other hotels in this area.

Happy New Year and travel safe!
Albemarle, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Not sure about the negative reviews but I have stayed there on several occasions and each time it has been very nice . I use it for businees stays and also take my wife on special events.The staff and especially the assistant manager are extremely nice

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Happy New Year Rick P! Thank you so much for staying with us and we enjoy having you as a loyal guest. I'm so excited that we deliver to and beyond your expectation during your stay and look forward to accommodating you after our Lobby Refresh renovation. Our team works very closely together to provide exceptional service. We have a great team that indeed includes our Assistant GM, Chris. We can't do it without everyone together.

We look forward to your return and please travel safe!

Best regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia
BEST WESTERN Gastonia
#4 of 15 in Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport

Been to Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia? Share your experiences!