“Great place to stay traveling 85south”

Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
Hopewell, Virginia
“Great place to stay traveling 85south”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

When I am traveling 85 south toward south carolina or even atlanta, I usually stop at this hotel. It is outside of or just past charlotte n.c. The rates are always cheaper, & it is a very clean & well maintained Courtyard. It is perfect if I do not feel like driving all day. It is located off an exit where everything I need is walkable. So you can relax. they are very courteous & the rates are always better than the bigger city ones. Check it out

Room Tip: There are no bad spots for rooms that I have found. I did get the Jacuzzi suite one trip, Man that w...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Taylors, SC
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed here 1 night while visiting Charlotte for a quick overnight vacation. The rooms are comfortable and very clean. There is nothing fancy about this location - just a no-frills, comfortable place to stay overnight. My only complaint is that, as with all Courtyards, the breakfast is not free.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Ft. Collins, CO
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This was an excellent hotel, typical of the high end business hotel chains. Excellent complimentary breakfast buffet with service and omelette bar (for additional cost). A charming fireplace equipped lobby area. There's a corporate gym across the highway, about one mile away, useful because the hotel gym is sparse. Very comfortable bed, excellent shower with TWO shower heads, something that must be experienced to truly appreciate. Had a walkout patio to steal a smoke late at night. Couldn't ask for much more...if I could stay at this type of place during every week's business travels, I'd be a pretty relaxed guy.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Edgetheow
Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed October 24, 2011

This hotel was very quiet- caught some good sleep- however my only complaint is the smell of someone who just got a perm or something when opening the room- the bed was comfy though, the location great, and the service fantastic!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I stayed here last weekend, Sept 22-24, 2011. This is a very nice and well-maintained hotel. The rooms were excellent; well laid out and comfortable. The beds slept great. Everything was very clean. The staff was friendly and professional.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed August 4, 2011

15 minutes west of Charlotte - Douglas airport.. Probably the nicest, most comfortable hotel of it's class that i have ever stayed at. Rooms were big and very comfortable, as was the hotel lobby with unlimited seating options for relaxing and/or working.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Mebane, North Carolina
Reviewed March 12, 2011

We arrived on a friday afternoon and was very pleased with the apperance and service that we experienced. The next morning I was laying in the bed and felt like something was crawling up my neck and just thought it might have been my hair: however after some investigation into this we found BED BUGS in our bed. I then called down to the front desk and they said they would move us to another room. I sent my husband down to the other room to check it and there were no bed bugs that we could visually see. The next morning that I woke up in the new room I was having a great deal of pain in my sinuses and come to find out the whole wall against the window was full of BLACK MOLD. This trip was a nightmare!!! I spoke with the manager about this situation and he told me that they didn't have BED BUGS and I told him you most certainly do, I have pictures and will send them to you right away. I sent him all the pics that I had and he still told me that those were LADYBUGS LOL!!!! The general manager told me that he would refund my full amount of money for our stay and he never did....This company is not worth it so please don't waste your time or your money staying there!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank carolinagirl1974
CLTCGGM, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this review, April 18, 2011
Thank you for your choice to stay with us and to share your experience. We do hope to accommodate you again in the future. We have been inspected by professional pest control and the different companies all confirmed the pests you found to actually be Lady Bugs. I am most grateful that they were indeed not bed bugs. We take such claims to be very serious and we are working with our vendors to cut down on the "Lady Bug invasion". Thanks again for your comments. Travel Safely!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia
Best Western Gastonia
#5 of 15 in Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross
Holiday Inn Express Kings Mountain

Been to Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia? Share your experiences!