“Nasty place with rude staff”

Express Inn & Suites Gastonia
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This woman is either very racist to white people or just hates people in general. I have stayed here twice but never will again. I cannot imagine how such a person who seems to hate the public so bad would want to work with them. On top of the way I have been treated, the rooms are nasty and runned down. I probably would have had a better stay at the men's shelter.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Obyone0

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I hesitated to turn in because the place looked deserted. But I followed the driveway to the office and was greeted by flowers and butterflys. The staff was polite and extremely helpful. The room rate was great. I drove down to the room and opened the door to find a personally designed room; extremely clean and comfortable. I travel with Febreeze so I sprayed, cut the air on and went to get something to eat. When I returned, the room felt great. The bed was cozy and I slept wonderfully. The shower was ok; I like strong water pressure. All in all, a great experience that definitely proves you shouldn't judge the book by the cover. Yes, I stay again.

Room Tip: My room was 109 - Believe
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank arvajw
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The rooms were beautiful. Each room had its own decor. The banquet hall and outside landscaping was magnificiant. The scenary is out of a magazine. Everything is clean and in order and the staff was professional and polite.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Y0YO302001
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I was a little reluctant about using hotel for my guest because of previous experience, however, the location was good/convenient so I decided to try them again. I'm glad I did because everything was much better.I noticed a difference in landscape and parking as I drove up.

The staff was very friendly and accomodating, its obvious that there is different.management. I felt very confortable and will recommend to my friends with family visiting the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank dnc2020
Reviewed November 16, 2009

Express in is a nice place to Stay at the time i use to work in that area and it was very close to my Job it was very Clean, Location is Very Good, the rooms were nice Service was kinda Slow but the Value could come down alittle bit.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
10  Thank ladykristal
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Do not stay here if you value your life. Its located in one of the worse areas in North Carolina - I checked out after 1 hr. They refused to refund my money and I went to a MUCH better motel (Fairfield Inn) with my family and glad I did. Room smelled of stale cigarette odor and very musty. Bathroom was old and need to be updated and there was a full size old refrigerator in the room. I feared my car would be vandalized if I stayed there. Dont know why there were no reviews for this motel - so thought everyone ought to know. I didnt get my refund - but I hope that others will be discouraged from using this motel.

• Stayed: October 2009