“Good place to stay”

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

We arrived here after visiting Gardner Webb University for the day. This hotel was on our way home. We checked in around 3pm and the lady at the front desk who was only identified as "trainee" was very pleasant and greeted us with a very friendly manner. The room was a Queen suite and very clean. The bed was just right and supplied with enough blankets and pillows. The pull out sofa bed was okay. My son slept there and just had an adequate night's sleep. The mattress was thin and bumpy. The sheets for the cot were sheets for a double bed and not a twin sized mattress. I did not use the blanket that was given for the cot as it had many hairs on it and did not seem extremely clean. The room was stuffy at first though and my son did not need the blanket. The air conditioning was loud and difficult to fall asleep with it on. Around midnight, a couple down the hall had a very loud disagreement that lasted a few minutes and then it was quiet again. The rest of the night was quiet and uneventful. The bathroom was clean and the shower was hot with an adjustable monitor for the water. Overall the experience was good and we will stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. Guest satisfaction is our goal, and we will use the information you provided to provide an even better experience for our guests in the future. I apologize for the inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay; please feel free to contact me directly with any additional comments. Thank you again for your time. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Just that my room smelled of mold. I really hated that.. but other than that the bed was great. Breakfast was awesome. I only dealt with THE night auditor . He was great... I also think they should clean the AIR CONDITIONING FILTERS. as I worked in QA in a hotel.. I kinda know why some smells are there. Oh and when I went to take shower at ,10:30 no hot water.

• Stayed April 2014
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I love reviews like this one, because they give me specific feedback on how to make our guest experience even better. I apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced and have spoke with maintenance to make sure that this does not happen again in the future. Thank you again for your time. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Milford, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

When our room with two beds "disappeared" during check-in, we should have looked elsewhere, but we were tired after a long day's drive. They knew we needed two seperate places to sleep, and assured me the sleeper sofa was good. It was not. Sofa was a loveseat width, twin size, with a camp cot mattress. They did not even have correct sheet size for this sofabed. I really felt bad for my senior companion who had to sleep there. The updated décor was meaningless when there could not be a good night's sleep. Room was of decent size, with work desk, frig and microwave. Free wifi. Close to many restaurants and shopping. On west side of Charlotte, just off interstate, so good location. Front desk lady told us how to use backroads to get to restaurant area. Breakfast was average, with sufficient food to get us going for the day. Nice front desk staff helped us find a very close park to walk in, before we headed to Mary Jo's fabric store and the rest of our day.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the opportunity to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay; and I hope that you will chose to stay with us again to give us another opportunity to provide you with an excellent experience. Guest satisfaction is our goal, and we will use your feedback to provide the best experience possible for our guests. Thank you again for your time. We hope to see you again soon!
Black Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

We spent a week in the Comfort Suite in Gastonia visiting our son and it was such a great hotel. Clean, quiet rooms. Very comfortable beds with sitting area, work desk and all the comforts of home. Full serviced breakfast every morning with eggs, meat, waffles, fruit, yogurt, pasties. Hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. Had a fitness center that was adequate but not too challenging. Close to highway and able to get to Charlotte, shopping and mountains within short amount of time. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Would recommend higher room on back side of hotel for less noise. All inside rooms so halls pretty q...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
CS_Gastonia, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey about your recent stay. Guest satisfaction is our goal, and your kind words will serve as encouragement to all. Thanks again for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again soon!
Gastonia, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

We went directly from a hotel across the street to this Comfort Inn Suites on Remount Rd. We needed a few more days due to our place not being ready, and the previous hotel couldn't accommodate us. We called and were told they had room for us. It was early still, before noon so we asked for an early check in, which they obliged. So far, so good. We arrived and were greeted with a smile and friendly service along with information about the hotel, breakfast, and surrounding area. We grabbed our things and made our way up to our room. First thing we noticed was that the hotel is 100% smoke free. The room was beautiful and clean. The sofa bed pull out was a plus as we didn't have to put up a pack n play for our two year old. The tv stations had some issues as a few came in fuzzy or as for the History Channel, not at all. The WiFi is free, no password needed and connectivity was good overall. The beds are extremely comfortable, albeit a little too soft for me and my bad back. The bathroom was a nice size, clean, and bright. Our shower head was not adjustable, and was set loosely in the wall. My wife had a tough time pulling the stop all the way up so she had a terribly loud first experience. She was ok the rest of the way once I figured out the issue. Breakfast is really good here. Everything was hot, fresh, and there was a good variety of choices. It is served and ends a little earlier than we are used to (9am end) so my wife was 5 minutes late one morning. She wasn't expecting to find any food, hoping to catch anything that wasn't away yet and hoping for some milk for the kids. The lady was cleaning up and was standing in front of the refrigerator where the milk was kept, my wife asked for some and you would think it was the end of the world. The lady was very rude and made it very clear that my wife was late. That whole 5 minutes was clearly over the line. Another disappointing thing is the cleaning service. The start very early, and are not quiet at all. They knock very loudly, announce themselves, then proceed to open the door, place the interior lock in between the door and the doorway, and let go. This produces such a loud bang that I can't even believe they do it for every room. You would think they would think of the other guests, as we had our do not disturb sign on our handle as did a few others. They also yell down the hall to each other and show not one bit of care for the guest. This was by far the worst behavior I have ever encountered in a hotel. I can't believe they are allowed to behave in such a manner. Just slamming the doors around still sleeping(or trying) guests. I did encounter some train noise throughout our stay that I don't remember from the adjacent hotel but it wasn't anything major. Unless you are a light sleeper, it should not be an issue. Without the rude breakfast lady and extremely loud housekeeping staff, this hotel would easily receive 4 stars from me even though a bit pricey. I feel bad that it didn't get it because the front desk people were so nice and helpful and the room was beautiful and clean. My AAA discount deferred enough cost for me to be ok with the price. But the way the housekeepers went about their jobs was irreprehensible. BANG!!

• Stayed March 2014
CS_Gastonia, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review on your recent stay. I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay and I have spoken directly with the housekeeping department in order to keep this from happening again. I hope that you will consider staying with us the next time that you are in the area so that we will have the opportunity to provide you with a superior experience.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

This hotel could use a major face lift. You can definitely tell it is old. My bathroom was also not very clean. It is an "ok" place to stay, not very nice. The breakfast however is the best I have ever had at a hotel! Another draw back, the front desk agent was a bit of a "know it all" and had a little bit of an attitude.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. We are currently updating our guestrooms to ensure that we provide the best accommodations for our travelers. I hope that you will choose to stay with us the next time you are in the area and give us another opportunity to provide you with exemplary service. Thanks again for your thoughts.
Gastonia, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Love the hotel. Had a great stay with my girlfriend to get away from our kids. One bad thing is that you have to go all the way to the desk to buy a drink or snack. There are no vending. Loved the help I received the morning I left my car battery died and the repair guy named jason was walking the grounds and offered to help. Thank you.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank crazykid410
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
We are very happy that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide us with your feedback. Guest satisfaction is our main focus, and we will use the suggestions you provided to continue to give excellent customer service. Thank you again for your comments; we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia
Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia
Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia
BEST WESTERN Gastonia
BEST WESTERN Gastonia
#4 of 15 in Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross
Holiday Inn Express Kings Mountain

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!