“Like it. Very clean and comfortable for the price that they offers.”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
“Like it. Very clean and comfortable for the price that they offers.”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We booked this hotel through our credit card points and we hardly used our points for this hotel.
For being this cheap, it was better than what we expected. It was super clean, and big. It had a small refrigerator and a microwave, and a nice flat screen TV. The area had couple of fast food restaurants so it was nice to find something to eat quick. They served complimentary breakfast. It was delicious and super clean.
Only downside was that we were put in front of the laundry room so in the morning, we had to face with housekeeping ladies and their carts and other stuff.
Overall, the staff were nice and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bradley T, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel a review. It was very pleasant to hear of your experience that you had at our hotel. It is in our goal to have the best hotel at the best rate in the city of Gastonia, and it sounds as if we are accomplishing that goal. In regards to the congestion in front of the laundry room in the morning, we are currently addressing this issue with different procedures. Thanks again for the great review, and we look forward to you returning to our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Black Mountain, North Carolina
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised at this wonderful hotel in Gastonia, NC not too far from the Charlotte airport. It is right off I-85 and convenient for travel. The entire place must have been renovated recently. I asked an employee and was told the renovation was about a year ago.

The entrance, lobby, hallways, breakfast area and all the common areas I saw were lovely, clean and new looking. The room was fabulous! Clean and new. Immaculate white comfortable bedding. Clean bathroom with lots of space and good lighting. Huge fluffy new white towels. New furnishings in the room. Easy, no hassle access to the wi-fi system (just turn on your laptop and bingo, you are online).

The free breakfast was of course not gourmet, but it was hot food and better than most. Lots of selections. Anything you could want.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend staying here.

Amazingly, the room rate was reasonable compared to others in the area. There is a large mall and plenty of places to eat right nearby.

A wonderful experience.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room on the upper floor and that is what I got.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank grandmomx3
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback from your past stay. From reading your review, we would like to thank you for noticing the work that we have placed into our hotel to provide the best for our guest. Our ownership takes a lot of pride in our hotel and we continue to make improvements so that our hotel will be seen as the best hotel in Gastonia. We appreciate the great feedback and look forward to being able to accommodate to you in the future.
philadelphia
Reviewed November 2, 2012

i had to stay in gastonia recently because of a death in the family. they were so easy to work with, from the super fast check-in, to having to add an extra night because of hurricane sandy, and an equally fast check out.the bed was big and comfy, too. staff was nice to talk to and helpful with directions when needed. i love comfort suites in general. i have stayed there many times in the bahamas and knew they were a great value because of their breakfast buffet. and i will always try to stay there for other vacations in the future!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
I would like to start off with giving our condolences on your loss. It is nice to hear under the circumstances for staying at our hotel that our staff was able to accommodate to you in such a great fashion. It is also great to hear that you are a loyal Comfort Suites Guest. The Comfort Suites brand is one of the top brands in the market today, and that is because of the standards that are set. From the Room to Breakfast we have top of the line. We look forward to your next vacation where you can stay at our hotel again.
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was in town for a family reunion and we chose this hotel because off the buffet breakfast..the rooms were very modern and the staff was very helpful. I will defiantly new back when I go to visit family......

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you very much for providing your feedback of your past stay with the Comfort Suites-Gastonia. We appreciate that we were able to accommodate to your family for your reunion. We are a great selection for this type of group, because we have the largest rooms, the biggest complimentary breakfast, and an eager to please staff. We look forward to being able to accommodate to you and your family in the future.
Lawrenceville, GA
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The first room we were assigned to in late July did not have AC that worked and the freezer had flooded in the fridge so there was water throughout it. Went back to the desk, had to wait through 3 other guest checking in (15 min) to get next room. It did have working AC but no fridge at all, like a hole in the wooden frame where the fridge had been physically removed. I had drinks to keep cool and I had paid for a fridge, so I went back again. Another 2 guests were checking in, 15 more minutes, 3rd room was acceptable. It was not great, but I was so tired at this point, I was ready to throw in the towel. While we were changing our luggage up and down the elevator, another family was there going through the same thing. One of them told us they were on their fourth room! It was spacious but did not seem really clean, things were stained and little ragged. The shower was so hard to figure out how to turn on, (and I am not stupid), we had to call housekeeping. She couldn't help us and she sent maintenance. He did turn it on, but said there were only a couple of rooms with the old style knobs that nobody really knew how to work them anymore. Overall, it was a lot more frustrating than a one night hotel stay should have been. I would look elsewhere....

Room Tip: Good luck, we tried three to get one that was useable!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for providing your feedback of your past stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you served during your 1 night stay at our hotel. We typically do not have these issues with our hotel, where we would have to change the guest’s room, let alone 3 times. Since your stay we have incorporated new procedures for housekeeping and maintenance that will prevent these inconveniences from happening to our future guests. We appreciate your feedback and will incorporate it into making our hotel the best.
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on our way back to Tennessee. First thing that surprised me was the rate. Compared to the other hotels, which we checked, the rate was by far the best. Great location, and we were automatically greeted by Megan. She was very nice and even suggested a great restaurant, nicks. The room was huge, and had a sitting area. The next morning breakfast was awesome, they even had cheese omelets. If we ever get back to this area we will definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank TennesseeC
Thank you very much for the complimenting review of our hotel. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and even more appealing to hear that one of my staff members made your experience even better. Our biggest asset is our employees and it is always good to hear that they are paying off for our guests. Thanks again for taking the time to post a review.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed at this hotel last weekend and had several issues which were reported to the desk staff and they made little attempt to correct them. Upon check out, I was told by the desk staff that the "corporate office" didn't like it when the staff made discounts or refunds so he offered me a discount for a future stay - but it expired in 30 days. I have sent two emails to the general manager with no response. Doubt they will see me again!!!

Similar issues to previous review - no hot water, several issues with the room, fridge broken and hot, etc. It takes a lot to make me complain and this one did it.

I've stayed at this hotel in the past due to their location and reasonable rates (most of the time) - funny how they can raise the prices almost double for the same room on certain weekends there is a lot going on in town and they know they will sell out. What a way to rip off your customers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with our hotel. It is disheartening to hear your experience at our hotel. There are a few discrepancies that need to be addressed, first being that our “corporate office” doesn’t frown on refunds or adjustments. It is a shared goal between the property and our corporate office to make our guests happy. There are certain items that warrant a refund or adjustment and some that do not. In regards to the rate you were charged we are a business and we base rate off of supply and demand. We always strive to give the best rate in the area, but higher demand equals higher rates. I can assure you that my staffs as well as I are very responsive to our guests needs and we look forward to accommodating to you in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia
Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia
Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia
Best Western Gastonia
Best Western Gastonia
#4 of 15 in Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross
Holiday Inn Express Kings Mountain

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!