“Another Great Fairfield Inn”

Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 30, 2009

My family has always liked staying at these hotels. We stayed at this particular one for 2 nights. It did not disappoint. When we arrived, Melody?, the front desk attendant was super friendly and helpful getting us signed in. Room was clean. Indoor pool was nice. Breakfast area was nicely stocked with tasty hot and cold choices. We did not feel unsafe at all in the area around the hotel.
If you need a place to eat, there is a Texas Roadhouse right by the hotel that is really good.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 21, 2009

We recently booked 2 rooms for 3 nights for a family reunion. II highly
recommend this place. The rooms are inexpensive and clean....the grounds
are well kept and everything is fairly updated. The main advantage here is the
staff-they are so helpful and will take care of everything you need right away.
I accidently left my expensive camera in the lobby....left and called the motel
later-Vicky found it and had it sent to my room. What a relief! Also, one
morning the breakfast lady didn't show up and the desk clerk had to
take care of the desk AND the breakfast area-well, she did so with a smile
and a sense of humor even though she was very busy. That put everyone
at ease-and the place was quite crowded. If you are in Gastonia, you should
stay here. And you are not going to believe how low priced the rooms are!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2009

My sister booked a block of rooms at the Gastonia Fairfield for her 2nd child's graduation from a local HS. We were out there 3 years ago & stayed in same hotel & found it acceptable. More pleased this time with it. Checked in 24 hours early after driving all day. Late night clerk (Jenny) was EXTREMELY helpful & did a few things to get us checked in early at the same low rate my sister had booked while trying to get us an adjoining room to relatives who would come the following day. Jenny was wonderfully happy and helpful. Got a corner 3rd floor room w/adjoining room for the other family.

Room felt damp due to heat & humidity when we came in but a night of the AC turned on nipped that in the bud. Good AC units.

Stayed 4 nights, in and out at all times. We were able to get the room for $69/night.

Hotel in convenient location near I-85 and New Hope Road (New hope takes you all over Gastonia and you can find a mall and restaurants and other stores along the way). No room noise at all. Grounds well cared for. Across the street from a Waffle House and a Cracker Barrel between the waffle house and I - 85. A few other restaurants nearby.

Bedding soft but nice. TVs fine. Free wireless in the room which we used and it worked well. also computer in the lobby area with a printer should you need to print a boarding pass.

Large rooms with 2 double beds and largest bathroom I've seen in a hotel in awhile.

Continental Breakfast was to our liking - yogurt, fruit, waffles, cereal, bagels, toast, oatmeal, frozen sausage sandwiches you could microwave, coffee, tea, juices, etc. I loved that they had my Bigelow Constant Comment tea.

The pool area was clean and nice. We didn't go in but once and it was fine. Small but young nieces loved it. When we went to the front desk and asked for towels the girl brought them immediately. Nice guest laundry facilities that we used and the prices were very reasonable to wash and dry. Small exercise room but we didn't use it.

Staff nice and friendly.

We had relatives in the area. If you are looking for things to do you are not far from Charlotte. Carowinds amusement park near Charlotte is a blast. Bring your suits as they have a water park too. Also we tried out the US National Whitewater rafting site. http://www.usnwc.org/. We rarely go there but they used to have a good childrens Discovery museum. In Gastonia they have the the Schiele Museum which we always enjoyed with the kids and the grounds are lovely in March/April. http://www.schielemuseum.org/. Asheville about 1.5 to west. Check the web for minor leagues baseball, race tracks (car), sports in Charlotte.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank debbiefrmn
Reviewed April 7, 2009

I stayed at this hotel weekdays through the month of March and into April. The staff was always extremely nice and friendly. I was traveling with my dog and the hotel is very pet-friendly. The morning continental breakfast is sufficient. The rooms I stayed in were always clean and I appreciated having a microwave and refridgerator in every room. I stayed on several different floors and locations and never had any problem at all getting wifi reception. They have an indoor pool, hottub and workout room that seemed to get used often. I would have no qualms recommending this place. (Someone needs to let thundermom5 know that a non-refundalbe cheap rate means non-refundable...)

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 31, 2008

Have stayed at this same hotel several times whilst visiting family in Gastonia & Charlotte.
Never had any problems with the staff whom are all nice mannered people.
Will stay again and again.

Chris and Claudine, Oxford, ENGLAND.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 10, 2008

I stayed a couple nights at this hotel recently. It looks like a newer hotel and there's a Red Lobster, Cracker Barrell, Texas Roadhouse, and Outback nearby along with a few others. I could get wired or wireless connections, although the wirelsss on the 2nd floor was very weak. If you need wireless, ask for the fourth floor. The breakfast was good with plenty of choices. Overall, this hotel was a good value and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 14, 2008

I made reservations online for July 14-19. I had to cancel my reservations due to circumstances beyond my control. This hotel kept the entire amount totaling $501.74. I was told this is policy if you book your room online. I feel this policy is extremely unfair and needs to be changed. Lots of things can come up for people to have to cancel reservations. I spoke with the manager and she was unwilling to work with me in any way. $500 is a lot of money and I have absolutely nothing to show for it. Because of this manager's unwillingness to work with me, I have nothing positive to say about the Marriott organization or the town of Gastonia.

Stayed: July 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gastonia
0 mi away
Best Western Gastonia
#5 of 15 in Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport

Been to Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia? Share your experiences!