Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia
  • Room Service
TripAdvisor
Budget Inn(Gastonia)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsindoor poolstandard fairfieldroom was cleanwafflescanadian bacona great nights sleepdiscount hotelfreezer sectionincluding biscuits and gravywaffle makerthe breakfast areadecided to give it a tryexercise roomfront desk clerkshopping and restaurantsother hotelsthird floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My sisters and I stayed for a week in the Fairfield Inn Gastonia while my Mom was in hospital hospice care in nearby CaroMont Medical Center. How comforting to come "home" to a clean room, a nice, fresh breakfast served quite early enabling us to get back to the hospital to relieve a family member, providing a guest laundry in order to prepare for unexpected days of care, and all in a hotel which allows no smoking indoors. The staff was always friendly and helpful, and the ability to order from a restaurant across the street and have it delivered was so appreciated. If you find yourself in need of a place to stay right off I-85 in Gastonia, N.C. you cannot go wrong with this Marriott facility.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
ffblue, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Guest,

We are glad that we was able to acommodate your needs during your visit to your family and we appreciatte your comments of our location.

General Manager and Staff

Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is our first time staying at this location and we are very pleased with our single night stay.
Two ladies cheerfully greeted us at check-in and informed us about the breakfast hours. We stayed on the fourth floor in a room with a king size bed. It featured a refrigerator, microwave oven, and a flat panel television. We checked for cleanliness and had no complaints; even ran our fingers across the tops of the picture frames and came up clean.
Linens all smelled fresh and were spotless. Bed and pillows were in good condition. The air conditioner heat worked well for our winter visit and the fan was quieter than most.
Although we did not swim on this this visit, we checked the pool area. Both the pool and jacuzzi were clean and the water was clear. We ran the jacuzzi for a minute and it seemed to work fine with all jets firing. The chlorine smell was stronger than we normally experience and some might find it rough on the eyes.
The breakfast bar included scrambled and hard cooked eggs,sausage, cereals, breads, rolls, biscuits, juices. They also had a waffle iron for our favorite breakfast food.
The area has several restaurants within walking distance although some are hidden behind buildings. You might consider asking at the desk for directions. For shopping, a major mall is across the interstate highway, about 1/3 a mile away.

Now for the negatives....
The room was smaller than average.
The toilet seat cover was missing a hinge pin which we reported to the front desk person at check-out.

Even with the faults we consider the hotel a good value and would stay there again if we ever visit Gastonia again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GaryinStoneMountain
ffblue, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Trip Asdvisor Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to review our property. We appreciatte your business and looking foward to having you in your next visit to Gastonia.

Emi Grigg and staff

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I have stayed here many times due to its affordability and convenient location. The front desk personnel have always been friendly. They have accommodated me with a good room when I have had to arrive early and when my travels brought me to their location late at night. Generally a clean facility, I have felt comfortable that my stay would not leave me with the creepy sensation of contagious germs. The only complaint I have is that the water pressure in the sink and sometime in the shower are not always as strong as I like. Perhaps this decision is in an effort to conserve water but a weary guest may desire more water pressure to eliminate the grime of the day. Their complimentary breakfast buffet can be quite satisfying. However, if you desire a more hearty meal, the hotel is directly across the street from a Waffle House, Cracker Barrel, and steakhouse. Nearby are many other eateries and the convenience of the Franklin Blvd long strip of major stores including Walmart, Target, Kmart, Staples, a movie theater and a host of restaurants. My stays there have been comfortable and I would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a higher level floor (3rd floor and above) to avoid parking lot noise from other patrons.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
ffblue, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Guest,

We appreciatte your loyal business and taking time to share your feedback. Looking forward
to having you again.

Emi Grigg
General Manager and staff.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I'm just trying to save you some grief. If you want to come to a place and not be greated either when you are coming or going, this is the place. If you make a reservation ahead of time for a handicap room and it is not really a handicap room, this is the place. Do you want your entrance way covered with rugs and bedsheets, which make it very difficult to push your luggage cart, this is the place. I could go on and on, but I'm not.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danny679
ffblue, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share you’re experienced during your visit to our property.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and our mission is to make you feel welcome and give you the service that will make you want to return. Consequently, it was disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Again, please accept my sincere apology.

Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you raised have been addressed and that appropriate action has been taken to correct the problem. We take pride in our hotel and do our best to prevent problems from recurring.

gm.cltgs@jhmhotels.com

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

If you want to be eaten alive by bed bugs then this is the place for you to stay at. When it was brought to there attention we were treated very rudely and told they didn't have that problem even after we gave them proof that they did. We did "Everything" they asked us to do and are still refusing to pay my sisters hospital bill because of a severe allergic reaction to the bites. Before checking in make them show you the room and check it especially the chairs before you say YES to staying here.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Peggy M
ffblue, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. After hearing your complaints our team had an inspector and terminator visit the property and the room in which you occupied and were cleared of any bed bugs. We have had no issues with bed bugs recently and have annual inspections to prevent them. We apologize that your stay was uncomfortable. If you would like to further discuss please free to contact us directly.

tel. 704-867-5073