“Do not stay here”

Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I'm just trying to save you some grief. If you want to come to a place and not be greated either when you are coming or going, this is the place. If you make a reservation ahead of time for a handicap room and it is not really a handicap room, this is the place. Do you want your entrance way covered with rugs and bedsheets, which make it very difficult to push your luggage cart, this is the place. I could go on and on, but I'm not.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danny679
ffblue, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share you’re experienced during your visit to our property.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and our mission is to make you feel welcome and give you the service that will make you want to return. Consequently, it was disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Again, please accept my sincere apology.

Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you raised have been addressed and that appropriate action has been taken to correct the problem. We take pride in our hotel and do our best to prevent problems from recurring.

Emi Grigg

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

If you want to be eaten alive by bed bugs then this is the place for you to stay at. When it was brought to there attention we were treated very rudely and told they didn't have that problem even after we gave them proof that they did. We did "Everything" they asked us to do and are still refusing to pay my sisters hospital bill because of a severe allergic reaction to the bites. Before checking in make them show you the room and check it especially the chairs before you say YES to staying here.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Peggy M
ffblue, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. After hearing your complaints our team had an inspector and terminator visit the property and the room in which you occupied and were cleared of any bed bugs. We have had no issues with bed bugs recently and have annual inspections to prevent them. We apologize that your stay was uncomfortable. If you would like to further discuss please free to contact us directly.

Emi Grigg
tel. 704-867-5073

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Me and my sister checked into the hotel got put into room 208. Everything seemed to be fine till i started get bit by something after careful checking we realized it was bed bugs I am highly allergic to bug bites so I have welts all over me went down to the front desk and the person working says we don't have bedbugs I said yes you do and showed him the welts and another review where bedbugs were found he said yhose were taking care of then asked us what did he want him to do he said he couldn't refund our money only a manager could so he moved us to another room needless to say we will be talking to a manager in the morning

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank number1wildcat
ffblue, Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Trip Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. After hearing your complaints our team had an inspector and terminator visit the property and the room in which you occupied and were cleared of any bed bugs. We have had no issues with bed bugs recently and have annual inspections to prevent them. We apologize that your stay was uncomfortable. If you would like to further discuss please contact me.

Emi Grigg,
Tel. 704-867-5073

Reviewed September 12, 2013

So many times the AC in hotels is poor at best. We had to get up in the night to make the room warmer. I love a nice cool room. Bed was fine. Pillows were better than most, not lumpy fake feather. We had requested extra towels on reservation and had five in room. Hotel blow driers are a pain, it stops running since it gets over-heated at least three times... No real complaints. Breakfast included, eggs, sausage, oatmeal packets, yogurt, fruit. Stay was fine.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
ffblue, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Guest,

Thanks for sharing your feedback and we are glad that you enjoyed your stayed with us.

Emi Grigg and Staff.

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We found bed bugs in our room, put them in a zip lock and brought them down stairs. They denied what they were an told us they do not have bed bugs. When my husband went to check out they told him they charged him for an extra day because they thought they saw him come in early- he stays at this hotel for business sometimes.

This is the first time we have been exposed to bed bugs and I am completely mortified. I don't even know where to start.

The staff were extremely rude and not helpful at all. We asked that the room expense and the incidentals or personal expenses be seperated and were told they could not do that- although all other marriott's and their chains do.

I was not impressed. I was told they do not say room numbers out load but the man at the desk ha a loud open conversation about our room number, my name and my husbands.

Watch out!!! Bed bugs are gross and I don't even know where to start!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank BusinessTraveles
ffblue, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Trip Guest,

We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. Consequently, it was disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Again, please accept my sincere apology.

Emi Grigg and staff

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice, clean, friendly mid range hotel with nice-sized rooms. I stayed one night on way from FL to Asheville area, and had an excellent dinner neighboring steak house they recommended. The hot breakfast was fine. I would be happy to stay there again for a few days.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Trip Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and we looking foward to see you in your next trip.

Emi Grigg and staff.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We spent a night in the Fairfield for a wedding in Gastonia.I have no clue about the location because we stayed just for the wedding.
The pros : clean, really nice staff, good breakfast, close to a mall. The cons : little indoor pool.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Paris_Johana

Dear Trip Guest,

Thanks for sharing your feedback, we appreciate your comments.

Emi Grigg and staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gastonia
0 mi away
#5 of 15 in Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross
11 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Kings Mountain

Been to Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia? Share your experiences!